Mars

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.3

QA Interview

Its series of 5 interview,phone interview, HR interview, Manger interview, Panel interview.Regular HR questions- personality, behaviour, know you requirement and study deep about the requirements, final there will be plant tour.

Manufacturing Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mars in January 2015.

"Interview" was set for 10am. Sign in at front desk and watch a safety video with around 15 other people. At 11am called back to a room with everyone else waiting for a interview. Told to pick a computer to use and there wasn't enough laptops for all of us. Started filling out the same application that had previously been filled out online. The computer screen freezes constantly, other laptops weren't charged up enough to use. Zero help from the interviewer, as almost everyone in the room was having computer problems. At 12pm my laptop freezes up again and will not advance to the math skills test. There was no interview! Most horrible hiring process with a company I have ever had. This was in Cleveland Tn.

Regional Support – Petcare NA Infrastructure Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mars in November 2014.

Recruiting and interview process was very clean and to the point. I applied online, about 2 weeks later I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. Standard behavior questions and some background about the company was the extent of the phone screen. Three days later I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the hiring manager, HR and two business managers. Total interview time was 2 hours. Core values are a big thing with this company and with a little bit of preparation, being prepared for the face to face interview was not as bad as it could have been.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Mars? There were multiple questions like "Give us an example of a time when one of your employees failed to meet the standards and what did you do?"   Answer Question
    Negotiation was non-existent however my salary requirements were asked during the phone interview and I was told that my expectations were well within the range. Salary was very competitive in addition to the complete benefits package offered.

Strategy Support Project Manager Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. After that intial screening, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. This was a single interview where 4 associates were present and conducted the interview in a panel/group-type format.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach an ambiguous request. Also, a lot of questions about working with or approaching senior management.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mars.

Easy and fast! Had phone interview, then in person 2 days later. Job offered 3 hours after interview. Also, got candy on my way out. Very easy interview. I was expecting harder questions. They follow a per written form.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mars in September 2014.

Met at campus career fair. Received an email later that day to do a half hour 1:1 interview with the same recruiter I had met at the career fair. Questions were very straightforward and included mostly resume rundown and behavioral based STAR questions. Was told I would hear back within a week whether I had made it to the second round of interviews but I did not hear until about a month later, at which point they informed me I was no longer qualified as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral. If you bring up the Five Principles and find ways to relate it to their questions and things on your resume they'll be impressed.   Answer Question

Benefits Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

I was contacted via e-mail and had a phone interview set up. The day of the interview, I waited over an hour for the recruiters call. When I called to check if the interview was postponed, I was transferred to different voice mails and never received a phone call back. Very unprofessional.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mars in August 2014.

I was interviewed at a large conference. The interviewers were very nice and mostly asked behavioral questions. There was a lot of time for me to ask them questions as well. We digressed a little bit. They asked me a lot of questions about past work experience etc. etc.

Project Manager Interview

3-ties interview process, starting with a recruiter, then a three person team from the same division that you'll be working in, then HR/Senior Corporate management. All three interviews were pretty lengthy, followed by a background check. I didn't hear back from the company for a month, that's how long it took them to run a check and verify my credentials. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly, the entire process was non-stressful. No loaded or trick questions as far as I remember.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you wan to to work for a company that you know nothing about?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mars.

Process was fairly easy and interview was relaxed

Interview Questions
    no negotiating, I accepted their salary offer