Mars

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Mars

Interview Details – 3-ties interview process, starting with a recruiter, then a three person team from the same division that you'll be working in, then HR/Senior Corporate management. All three interviews were pretty lengthy, followed by a background check. I didn't hear back from the company for a month, that's how long it took them to run a check and verify my credentials. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly, the entire process was non-stressful. No loaded or trick questions as far as I remember.

Interview Question – Why would you wan to to work for a company that you know nothing about?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – Process was fairly easy and interview was relaxed

Interview Question – What was your worst failure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, I accepted their salary offer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Mars

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were not prepared.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed for A Contract Recruiter Position Interview

Interviewed for A Contract Recruiter Position

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – This has to be the most pompass, arrogant company I have ever interviewed with!

Interview Question – Wanted to know if I knew their 5 core values, but have nothing about it online as they are a privately held company.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I knew they would not be a good fit

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Supply Chain Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Mars in January 2014.

Interview Details – I approached them at the career fair at my school, they were very nice and they offered me an interview on the spot for the next day. They definitely wanted to know if I had done my research and what about Mars had made me want to interview for them. After walking through my experience and why I wanted to work there it was a typical STAR method interview. They wrote a lot down, but their faces gave nothing away and after I asked my questions of them, they sent me on my way. Four days later, I got an email with an offer letter!

Interview Question – Name a time you solved a problem for your employer, what was it, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, in the application you specified what you expected to make. The salary was already given in the offer letter.

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mars in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus Career Services website. I just had to submit my resume. Then, I was invited for an on campus interview. The interview was myself and two representatives of the company. The interview lasted for about half an hour and I received an email the next day with their decision.

Interview Question – Questions were situational based and they asked about my interest in the news/media.   Answer Question

SAP Functional Lead Interview

SAP Functional Lead
Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in December 2013.

Interview Details – the hiring process is very well co-ordinated. at the end of the interview i was given a box of chocolate which meant a lot to me

Interview Question – why mars?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very straight forward. no nonsense

MPC Activity Coordinator Interview

MPC Activity Coordinator
San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mars in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received a message from the Talent Acquisition Manager to call back. When I contacted her, she conducted a brief screening phone interview. I was told that qualified candidates would be called the next week to setup an interview. Three days later, I received another message to call her back. She called again a few hours after the first call, but did not leave a second message. When I returned the call, I got her voicemail and left a message. She did not return my call until 2.5 business days later, but again did not leave a message. When I called back that day, she answered but said to hold, placing the handset down onto a surface; after about 5 seconds of background noise, she hung-up. With the possibility the disconnection was in error, I immediately called back, but got her voicemail. I left a message, but never heard from her again. What a shock to experience such unprofessional behavior. If this is how they treat job candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

Supply Chain Planning Interview

Supply Chain Planning
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mars in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via website, was contacted by the corporate recruiter within a few days of applying. It took almost two weeks from the time I did my phone interview to the time I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. My face to face consisted of a panel interview with three people. I was offered a position three days after my face to face.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, but be prepared to answer a lot of behavioral questions based on your past work experiences. They are looking for specific scenarios and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiating that needed to be done. I was offered my asking salary, and vacation and benefits were very competitive.

Process Development Technologist Interview

Process Development Technologist
Greenville, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in August 2011.

Interview Details – Smooth interview process. Manufacturing facility tour. Interviewed by engineers, managers and directors of all departments including R&D, operations, quality.

Interview Question – Technical questions as well as behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rigid on negotiations but fair offer made

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!