Mars Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

3.3

Project Manager Interview

3-ties interview process, starting with a recruiter, then a three person team from the same division that you'll be working in, then HR/Senior Corporate management. All three interviews were pretty lengthy, followed by a background check. I didn't hear back from the company for a month, that's how long it took them to run a check and verify my credentials. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly, the entire process was non-stressful. No loaded or trick questions as far as I remember.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you wan to to work for a company that you know nothing about?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mars.

Process was fairly easy and interview was relaxed

Interview Questions
    no negotiating, I accepted their salary offer

Account Manager Interview

Behavioral based interview

Interviewed for A Contract Recruiter Position Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mars.

This has to be the most pompass, arrogant company I have ever interviewed with!

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know if I knew their 5 core values, but have nothing about it online as they are a privately held company.   View Answers (2)

I knew they would not be a good fit

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mars in January 2014.

I approached them at the career fair at my school, they were very nice and they offered me an interview on the spot for the next day. They definitely wanted to know if I had done my research and what about Mars had made me want to interview for them. After walking through my experience and why I wanted to work there it was a typical STAR method interview. They wrote a lot down, but their faces gave nothing away and after I asked my questions of them, they sent me on my way. Four days later, I got an email with an offer letter!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you solved a problem for your employer, what was it, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, in the application you specified what you expected to make. The salary was already given in the offer letter.

Sales Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mars in January 2014.

I applied through my campus Career Services website. I just had to submit my resume. Then, I was invited for an on campus interview. The interview was myself and two representatives of the company. The interview lasted for about half an hour and I received an email the next day with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were situational based and they asked about my interest in the news/media.   Answer Question

SAP Functional Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in December 2013.

the hiring process is very well co-ordinated. at the end of the interview i was given a box of chocolate which meant a lot to me

Interview Questions
    very straight forward. no nonsense

Food Safety Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Greenville, MS

I applied online – interviewed at Mars in October 2013.

I had an phone interview and 1 week later I interview with three people. It's been six months and I still haven't heard back from them. I tried to contact them through email and phone and I still haven't gotten a response.

MPC Activity Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mars in October 2013.

I received a message from the Talent Acquisition Manager to call back. When I contacted her, she conducted a brief screening phone interview. I was told that qualified candidates would be called the next week to setup an interview. Three days later, I received another message to call her back. She called again a few hours after the first call, but did not leave a second message. When I returned the call, I got her voicemail and left a message. She did not return my call until 2.5 business days later, but again did not leave a message. When I called back that day, she answered but said to hold, placing the handset down onto a surface; after about 5 seconds of background noise, she hung-up. With the possibility the disconnection was in error, I immediately called back, but got her voicemail. I left a message, but never heard from her again. What a shock to experience such unprofessional behavior. If this is how they treat job candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

Supply Chain Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mars in August 2013.

I applied via website, was contacted by the corporate recruiter within a few days of applying. It took almost two weeks from the time I did my phone interview to the time I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. My face to face consisted of a panel interview with three people. I was offered a position three days after my face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, but be prepared to answer a lot of behavioral questions based on your past work experiences. They are looking for specific scenarios and how you handled them.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiating that needed to be done. I was offered my asking salary, and vacation and benefits were very competitive.