Mars Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.3

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Olive, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mars (Mount Olive, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews, one in person interview. I had the drawback of being overqualified for the job so they wanted to know that I would be comfortable just writing excel vba scripts. Simple enough, but neither were interested in thr answers. There was more focus on how I answered. The culture fit questions were very subtle. I'm not sure they knew what they were saying when they said they considered themselves a google. Don't be baited into making any comparisons, just highlight the strengths of the Wrigley merger and with royal canin.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to change your bosses mind in a group discussion, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mars (Franklin, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiting and interview process was very clean and to the point. I applied online, about 2 weeks later I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. Standard behavior questions and some background about the company was the extent of the phone screen. Three days later I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the hiring manager, HR and two business managers. Total interview time was 2 hours. Core values are a big thing with this company and with a little bit of preparation, being prepared for the face to face interview was not as bad as it could have been.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mars? There were multiple questions like "Give us an example of a time when one of your employees failed to meet the standards and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent however my salary requirements were asked during the phone interview and I was told that my expectations were well within the range. Salary was very competitive in addition to the complete benefits package offered.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. After that intial screening, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. This was a single interview where 4 associates were present and conducted the interview in a panel/group-type format.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach an ambiguous request. Also, a lot of questions about working with or approaching senior management.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mars.

Interview

Easy and fast! Had phone interview, then in person 2 days later. Job offered 3 hours after interview. Also, got candy on my way out. Very easy interview. I was expecting harder questions. They follow a per written form.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mars in September 2014.

Interview

Met at campus career fair. Received an email later that day to do a half hour 1:1 interview with the same recruiter I had met at the career fair. Questions were very straightforward and included mostly resume rundown and behavioral based STAR questions. Was told I would hear back within a week whether I had made it to the second round of interviews but I did not hear until about a month later, at which point they informed me I was no longer qualified as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. If you bring up the Five Principles and find ways to relate it to their questions and things on your resume they'll be impressed.   Answer Question

Benefits Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail and had a phone interview set up. The day of the interview, I waited over an hour for the recruiters call. When I called to check if the interview was postponed, I was transferred to different voice mails and never received a phone call back. Very unprofessional.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mars in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed at a large conference. The interviewers were very nice and mostly asked behavioral questions. There was a lot of time for me to ask them questions as well. We digressed a little bit. They asked me a lot of questions about past work experience etc. etc.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

3-ties interview process, starting with a recruiter, then a three person team from the same division that you'll be working in, then HR/Senior Corporate management. All three interviews were pretty lengthy, followed by a background check. I didn't hear back from the company for a month, that's how long it took them to run a check and verify my credentials. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly, the entire process was non-stressful. No loaded or trick questions as far as I remember.

Interview Questions

• Why would you wan to to work for a company that you know nothing about?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mars.

Interview

Process was fairly easy and interview was relaxed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating, I accepted their salary offer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Behavioral based interview