Mars

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

EHS Interview

EHS

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Mars in August 2013.

Interview Details – Just had a phone interview, had the standard questions from the Head Hunter. Must of been ok scheduled to have a live interview on Thursday.

Interview Question – How do you like to be managed?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – Starts with general panel interview, Questions are read to applicants from a sheet provided to the interviewer. The ones asking the questions obviously have no idea what they are doing in an interview situation. They were just chosen to be there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to vouch for a fellow employee who was accused of doing something wrong, theft or whatever, and you knew if you told the truth they would be fired? How did you handle that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation given at all. Take it or leave it!

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first point of contact was what appeared to be an automatically-generated email, which which instructed me to contact the HR person to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was brief and used primarily for information-gathering on both sides. An in-person interview was scheduled shortly thereafter, via email.

The second interview was with a small group within the hiring department, which lasted for just under an hour. The HR rep gave a brief facility overview and tour before we met with the team. Questions ranged from past positive and negative work experiences to where I wanted to take my career in the future. They did not ask many technical questions, aside from basic software application familiarity. They also delved a bit into questions about life outside of work. By the end, the team had asked a very well-rounded group of questions, and I felt that I was able to convey everything that I would have wanted in an interview.

Upon leaving, I received a large box of their product and was told I would hear 'in a few days.' I sent follow-up thank you notes, but never received any further communication, direct or indirect.

Interview Question – Please contrast a manager whom you enjoyed working for with one you did not.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied 4/7, got an interview invitation on 4/12. I had a group interview 4/15. The questions weren't too hard but you must be outgoing and think on your feet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary had already been set but full benefits after 3 months even for PT employment.

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – 3 step process:
Initial phone interview
Interview with Site manager
Onsite interview

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Internship Interview

Internship
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in February 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the career fair and talked about the company with one of the representatives. After that, I was called for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 guys and they were quite nice and engaging. I was also offered one of the MARS product after the interview. I picked snickers.

Interview Question – Tell is about your multidisciplinary experience   Answer Question

Finance Business Planning Manager Interview

Finance Business Planning Manager
Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mars in July 2010.

Interview Details – applied online for the finance manager role for the ice cream division. was contacted a week or so later for a phone screen with HR. we spoke about my background and interest. the conversation went well and i was asked to speak with the hiring manager a couple days later. we spoke for an hour or so and that went well and i was invited for a panel interview in burr ridge, il at the ice cream group plant/ HQ. when i arrived i was greeted with excitement and told that they could make an offer shortly and no other interviews were scheduled. i can honestly say that i didn't really prepare for this interview and was tongue tied throughout. the questions were typical behavioral based but i was off my game the day of the interview. long story short the panel of HR, the finance director and marketing director concluded the interview stating they had other candidates scheduled (clearly contradicting themselves). a couple days later i got the canned email from HR stating that i hadn't been selected. i wasn't upset because i know i could've done better.

Interview Question – give me an example of how you successfully manuevered through an ambiguous situation
tell about a time when you had to resolve conflict
tell me about a time when you had multiple projects going on
  Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Regional Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – initial communication was made through linked in and included a phone screen with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview. i expected a panel of attendees, but in fact it was one person, with HR skyped in from the east coast. the in-person interview consisted solely of behavioural type questions.

Interview Question – "describe a relationship that began harmoniously but became contentious" was the first question.   Answer Question

Senior Infrastructure Technician Interview

Senior Infrastructure Technician
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars in March 2009.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Goals for next 5 years.
What will you do with your Business now that you have a job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – interview was in 2007 but drop-down goes only until 2009

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars in August 2011.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen by the HR recruiter. Next, the recruiter brought me in for a panel interview with the director and several segment managers. The interview lasted an hour with questions that were generally behavioral with some questions about technical competence from my resume. The HR recruiter also gives a tour of the facility. The interviewers were more interested in how a goal was accomplished rather than the success of the accomplishment.

Interview Question – Name an opportunity area identified by your manager and what did you do to develop this opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate start date, starting pay, and relocation allowance.