Mars

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.3

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars.

3 step process:
    Initial phone interview
    Interview with Site manager
    Onsite interview

No real negotiation

Regional Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mars.

initial communication was made through linked in and included a phone screen with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview. i expected a panel of attendees, but in fact it was one person, with HR skyped in from the east coast. the in-person interview consisted solely of behavioural type questions.

Interview Questions
    • "describe a relationship that began harmoniously but became contentious" was the first question.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in February 2013.

I went to the career fair and talked about the company with one of the representatives. After that, I was called for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 guys and they were quite nice and engaging. I was also offered one of the MARS product after the interview. I picked snickers.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mars.

They have a corporate recruiter which was great. This was a position in the Hacketstown, NJ location. The recruiter was very friendly and had asked that I come in for an interview. I met with the supervisor of the position, a person who was just promoted from the position, and someone who would be my peer.
    They were very casual yet professional.

Interview Questions
    • My 2nd round of the interview was with the woman I would be reporting directly to. She looked me square in the eye and asked me if I had a spouse, any children, and if I planned on having any children.   View Answer

The position was advertised as being 23 miles from my home. It was twice that and I just couldn't commute that far and be chained to a call-center all day. I had asked that if they could allow me to work from home 2-3 days/week that I would absolutely do it.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in August 2011.

First step was a phone screen by the HR recruiter. Next, the recruiter brought me in for a panel interview with the director and several segment managers. The interview lasted an hour with questions that were generally behavioral with some questions about technical competence from my resume. The HR recruiter also gives a tour of the facility. The interviewers were more interested in how a goal was accomplished rather than the success of the accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • Name an opportunity area identified by your manager and what did you do to develop this opportunity.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate start date, starting pay, and relocation allowance.

Process Development Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in August 2011.

Smooth interview process. Manufacturing facility tour. Interviewed by engineers, managers and directors of all departments including R&D, operations, quality.

Interview Questions
    Rigid on negotiations but fair offer made

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Mars in May 2011.

I found position on careerbuilder and updated my resume accordingly. It took about 48 hours from the time I posted resume to here from HR specialist. Phone interview was pretty easy in that I was asked to describe my experiences. From there I proceeded to face to face interview which was about 4 hours long with the entire product team. I had 30 minutes apiece for each manager. While the interview was long it allowed me to showcase my skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from anyone else who has a similiar background?   Answer Question
    Do not discuss salary until you get the full parameters of the position. Once the parameters are known about the job it is much easier to negotiate benefits and salary.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mars in February 2011.

Strange process - met with some key players as well as other candidates for dinner. Hiring manager got lost and was over an hour late.

Next day interview consisted of presentation for selling to outside market, several 2 on 1 interviews, etc. It was a long day and I enjoyed the process but was not offered the position (although I was clearly the most qualified).

Recruiter has stated that Mars Drinks has a very unique corporate culture and they are looking for very specific types. I consider myself to be a very personal and strong interviewer, and I thought i did very well on the presentation. I don't have an answer as to why I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation on introducing Mars Drinks into an outside market - given roughly an hour to prepare and then present to 5 people.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in February 2011.

I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in November 2010.

First two rounds were phone interviews - HR was generic, but the Marketing interviewer was rather difficult and cynical. The questions asked were significantly different from those asked for any other marketing openings, such as "Tell me about a time when a crossfunctional went against you." After an hour found out that I was moving forward to a final round in Hackettstown.

There were two 2on1 interviews, constituting of more tough questions asking about failed projects, issues with management, dysfunctional crossfunctionals, and managing issues between teammates. The most negative interview I've ever had, with very cold interviewers. Impossible to get a read on people, and they all looked like they'd rather shoot themselves than sit there for the interviews; sadly many of these people were the hiring managers. Not a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when a crossfunctional sabotaged one of your projects, what did you do?   Answer Question