Mars

Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Manager Interview

Commercial Manager
Franklin, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was approached by a headhunter for a position with Mars Petcare. I had initial discussions with the headhunter and provided detailed information about my background and experiences. He submitted me to the HR person. I then had a phone interview with the HR person. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, they flew me out to TN for an in-person panel interview. It was one of the most grueling interviews I've had ever. Three different people each hour for three hours, lunch by myself, on-site, then I had to review a case study, produce a Powerpoint response to the case study in 1/2 hour, then present to everyone I met with earlier in the day. The presentation was complete, there were a few questions and that was it. I found out the next morning that they would not be pursuing me any further.

Interview Question – What criteria would you use to evaluate two vendors to determine which one to keep?   Answer Question

Project Manager-marketing Interview

Project Manager-marketing
Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mars in October 2007.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed by recruiter over the phone; discussion centered around past experiences and successes as they related to the job. Then there was a panel interview with an underlying goal of identifying personality and work habits. I thought the process was very appropriate.

Interview Question – Describe what u wld do if someone did nt do what u asked?   View Answer

GLDP Candidate Interview

GLDP Candidate
Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars in November 2009.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interviews. First it was a phone interview. Then it was a 2 on 1 in person interview at a career fair. Then the final round on site consisted of a case study that was given to you a few days in advance. You needed to prepare a presentation and present it to a panel with a Q&A session afterwards. After that there were 2 45 min interviews which were 2 on 1. Both interviews consisted primarly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest career failure?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Operator Interview

Production Operator
Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – Complex and lengthy process from initial application to job starting.(Approx 5 months).3 interviewers firing questions at you seems rather intimidating compared to other companies.Seemed to try to catch you out rather than dwell on your positives and learn what you are capable of.Does it matter that you're not a member of goodness knows how many 'clubs' outside work?The 'process' now seems to be a little less 'fraught' with fewer hoops to jump through but then on some occasions they employ people who are of no worth from day1 so the process(as requested by us)needs to be reviewed.

Interview Question – How could you personally contribute to saving money for the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little to negotiate!No reflection on experience v starting salary.

Group Brand Manager Interview

Group Brand Manager

Interviewed at Mars

Interview Details – 6 interviews with mainly mid and top management.focus on experience and values. important to fit company value and teams. hih commercial orientation linked to brand sensibility and long term vision. informal approach, direct discussion, no unexpected questions and no will to create tension during the interview.

Interview Question – no particular difficult questions   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in April 2011.

Interview Details – interview process will be like first you have to give written exam after you pass written exam you will face oral interview and if you pass that you have 50-50 chance to hire.

Interview Question – written exam?   Answer Question

General Management Interview

General Management

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mars in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very chatty, casual first interview but with case study to do (alone), no phone interview stage. Last stage was over two days, very long day and lots of hanging around.

Interview Question – In the final assessment centre was given a very tough case study - lots of material and very little time to draw a presentation together   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Mars

Interview Details – Panels works very well

Interview Question – What is the mots exciting advertisement that you like or liked   View Answer

Lean Coach Interview

Lean Coach
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mars in October 2011.

Interview Details – After you apply, if they're interested in you resume the HR call you and you may go through a phone interview, or you come in for an HR interview. If you get through, you come in again for an interview with the line manager. If you get through this one, they send you a list of questions to help you prepare a personal presentation. You then come in for a panel, solve a case study on your own and present it to the panel along with the personal presentation.

Interview Question – Why haven't you stayed in one job for over two years?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Started with a presentation of the biggest challenge I faced and my learnings. Also a case study with my recommendation

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; I stated what I expected and they matched it. Always negotiate as if they like you; they can make up what you need.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mars