Mars Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.3

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mars in April 2010.

Video Conference Call

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in January 2010.

I had a basic phone interview first that covered my work experience, then followed with personal interviews with 4 people. Two in the first group and two in the second group ,computer skills,I.Q , and personality testing. overall about three hours spent at the plant. Seemed to be nice people, but looking for any flaw they can find.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced a difficult sitiuation at work and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • If you could pick out one thing about yourself you would like to change, what would it be and how would you fix it?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in January 2010.

Initial communication was through on-campus recruiting. Interview was planned through careers office on campus. had one interview. People were really nice, office is great but in the middle of nowhere.

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in December 2009.

I was approached by a headhunter for a position with Mars Petcare. I had initial discussions with the headhunter and provided detailed information about my background and experiences. He submitted me to the HR person. I then had a phone interview with the HR person. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, they flew me out to TN for an in-person panel interview. It was one of the most grueling interviews I've had ever. Three different people each hour for three hours, lunch by myself, on-site, then I had to review a case study, produce a Powerpoint response to the case study in 1/2 hour, then present to everyone I met with earlier in the day. The presentation was complete, there were a few questions and that was it. I found out the next morning that they would not be pursuing me any further.

Interview Questions
    • What criteria would you use to evaluate two vendors to determine which one to keep?   Answer Question

GLDP Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in November 2009.

There were 3 rounds of interviews. First it was a phone interview. Then it was a 2 on 1 in person interview at a career fair. Then the final round on site consisted of a case study that was given to you a few days in advance. You needed to prepare a presentation and present it to a panel with a Q&A session afterwards. After that there were 2 45 min interviews which were 2 on 1. Both interviews consisted primarly behavioral questions.

Marketing/CRM Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mars in August 2009.

Contacted by recruiter and set up phone interview. Phone interview lasted a very long time!! Close to 2 hrs if I remember correctly. Generally behavioral questions - a lot getting at ability to work on a team, but also independantly. Asked if I knew their core values/guiding principles (make sure you know theres!!). Recruiter talked a very long time about each of them and what it meant - then had follow up questions on each of those values (i.e. tell me a time when you displayed/worked towards/etc X [fill in value/principle]).

Considering how long we talked and the detail we went into about relocation, the fit with my background, etc., it really ticked me off that there was never ANY follow up. She literally dropped off the face of the earth. Would not even acknowledge polite e-mails asking for updates or status of application. I wasn't crazy about the position, but it would have been nice to at least get a formal rejection. (And for the record, I'm not a bad interviewer or one of those obnoxious folks an HR person would just ignore - my background is in client facing positions, where I have excelled, and I have been told I am excellent at interviewing....so, don't know what the deal was with this horrible experience....)

Senior Infrastructure Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mars in March 2009.

3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Goals for next 5 years.
      What will you do with your Business now that you have a job?
        Answer Question
    interview was in 2007 but drop-down goes only until 2009

Project Manager-marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mars in October 2007.

Initially interviewed by recruiter over the phone; discussion centered around past experiences and successes as they related to the job. Then there was a panel interview with an underlying goal of identifying personality and work habits. I thought the process was very appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what u wld do if someone did nt do what u asked?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mars.

1st contact was over the phone with an HR person. The HR person ran through my resume, asking for more elaboration on my experience.
    1st round - Video conference interview with one HR person and an account manager. The questions were behavioural and situational. The interviewers were friendly but pushed me on some of my answers, sometimes asking leading questions.
    2nd round - One day on-site with other candidates vying for the same position. One interview with another HR person and a VP. I also had a couple of days to prepare a 10 minute presentation a topic that they gave me in advance and I presented it to a cross-functional panel of about 8 people. The panel followed up with a lot of questions. The environment felt quite comfortable despite being with people that I was competing with for the same job, and there was ample opportunity to chat with various people in the business to get to know Mars, which seemed like an open community.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you went against the direction of the group that you were working in.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Mars.

Complex and lengthy process from initial application to job starting.(Approx 5 months).3 interviewers firing questions at you seems rather intimidating compared to other companies.Seemed to try to catch you out rather than dwell on your positives and learn what you are capable of.Does it matter that you're not a member of goodness knows how many 'clubs' outside work?The 'process' now seems to be a little less 'fraught' with fewer hoops to jump through but then on some occasions they employ people who are of no worth from day1 so the process(as requested by us)needs to be reviewed.

Interview Questions
    • How could you personally contribute to saving money for the company?   View Answer
    Very little to negotiate!No reflection on experience v starting salary.