Mars

3.3

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mars in February 2011.

Strange process - met with some key players as well as other candidates for dinner. Hiring manager got lost and was over an hour late.

Next day interview consisted of presentation for selling to outside market, several 2 on 1 interviews, etc. It was a long day and I enjoyed the process but was not offered the position (although I was clearly the most qualified).

Recruiter has stated that Mars Drinks has a very unique corporate culture and they are looking for very specific types. I consider myself to be a very personal and strong interviewer, and I thought i did very well on the presentation. I don't have an answer as to why I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation on introducing Mars Drinks into an outside market - given roughly an hour to prepare and then present to 5 people.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in February 2011.

I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in November 2010.

First two rounds were phone interviews - HR was generic, but the Marketing interviewer was rather difficult and cynical. The questions asked were significantly different from those asked for any other marketing openings, such as "Tell me about a time when a crossfunctional went against you." After an hour found out that I was moving forward to a final round in Hackettstown.

There were two 2on1 interviews, constituting of more tough questions asking about failed projects, issues with management, dysfunctional crossfunctionals, and managing issues between teammates. The most negative interview I've ever had, with very cold interviewers. Impossible to get a read on people, and they all looked like they'd rather shoot themselves than sit there for the interviews; sadly many of these people were the hiring managers. Not a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when a crossfunctional sabotaged one of your projects, what did you do?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mars in October 2010.

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR peson consisting of your basic interview question, ie leadership style, accomplishments, goals, objectives. It also consisted of a detailed discussion of Mars unique . The 2nd interview was also a phone interview but with the hiring manager. It was about 1.5 hours and went deep into functional experience, accomplishments. I was immediately told that I would be invited to come in for a formal interview. In the interim, they had asked me to execute an online personality survey.

It took about a month to schedule the in-house interview. It consisted of 2 - 2 people panel including HR, the hiring manager, and 2 peers. I would say it was relatively easy overall. The individuals spent alot of time talking about the Mars culture and making sure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a difficult individual who would be disappointed that they didn't get the position.   Answer Question
    Increased based salary.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in August 2010.

If you have some sort of experience in retail than they will give you a call back. The people are very down to earth and you can tell as soon as they call you for an interview. It's a fun place to be and you'll notice in the interview process when you walk through the store. You don't really need to outshine anyone in the group interview but make sure you are heard.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you experienced good and bad customer service   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer   Answer Question

Finance Business Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mars in July 2010.

applied online for the finance manager role for the ice cream division. was contacted a week or so later for a phone screen with HR. we spoke about my background and interest. the conversation went well and i was asked to speak with the hiring manager a couple days later. we spoke for an hour or so and that went well and i was invited for a panel interview in burr ridge, il at the ice cream group plant/ HQ. when i arrived i was greeted with excitement and told that they could make an offer shortly and no other interviews were scheduled. i can honestly say that i didn't really prepare for this interview and was tongue tied throughout. the questions were typical behavioral based but i was off my game the day of the interview. long story short the panel of HR, the finance director and marketing director concluded the interview stating they had other candidates scheduled (clearly contradicting themselves). a couple days later i got the canned email from HR stating that i hadn't been selected. i wasn't upset because i know i could've done better.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example of how you successfully manuevered through an ambiguous situation
      tell about a time when you had to resolve conflict
      tell me about a time when you had multiple projects going on

Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mars in May 2010.

general questions about strengths weakness. what do you bring to the table

easy

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mars in April 2010.

Video Conference Call

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in January 2010.

I had a basic phone interview first that covered my work experience, then followed with personal interviews with 4 people. Two in the first group and two in the second group ,computer skills,I.Q , and personality testing. overall about three hours spent at the plant. Seemed to be nice people, but looking for any flaw they can find.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced a difficult sitiuation at work and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • If you could pick out one thing about yourself you would like to change, what would it be and how would you fix it?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in January 2010.

Initial communication was through on-campus recruiting. Interview was planned through careers office on campus. had one interview. People were really nice, office is great but in the middle of nowhere.