Mars & Co Associate Consultant Interview Questions

3.5

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mars & Co in October 2013.

Two back to back interviews. Each asked a few "tell me about a time" questions followed by a case.

Interview Questions
  • case was ok. pretty straight forward. something about helping out a battery manufacturer in the states who considered outsourcing some of the work to China. If you kept a tally on the variable and fixed prices it was fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mars & Co

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Mars & Co.

Applied online, interviewed within two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in May 2010.

4-5 interview in 2 rounds, one half fir and the other mostly market sizing and brainteasers (Very quantitative)

None

Associate Consultant Interview

Phone interview asking about interests and experience. Then flew down for two onsite interviews. Both of the interviews were briefly about my past experience and then short market-sizing questions. Nothing too difficult but I was not prepared for market sizing questions. They also wanted my notes after the interview...which I did not expect.

Interview Questions
    • What is the market size of glass beer bottles in the US for a year?   Answer Question

Final Round:

Standard. Three fit/case interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mars & Co.

I was selected for a first round interview through my college. I liked Mars interviewers the most out of two other job interviews I had that day. I had two 30 min interviews. One was behavioral and case. The other one was just case interview. I didn't get to move on to the second round. I think it might've been because of how I did on the case interview--they were trying to confuse me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mars & Co.

Was contacted first over the phone and had an informal conversation about my interest in consulting and the company. Then I had a phone interview which included a brain teaser and was invited to the in-office final round interview afterward. The final round consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews with senior consultants (each with a case) and lunch with two consultants afterward.

Interview Questions
    • How many people in the US have a cup of coffee in their hand at this moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in February 2012.

After a short phone interview that was only personality and resume questions I was invited to Greenwich to interview on site. I met with three interviewers who presented different cases. Questions ranged from statistics to calculus to arithmetic. It was challenging, but interviewers were helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in November 2011.

I applied through my university career services. The first round consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a Senior Associate Consultant and a Managing Director. Both started with the typical behavior questions which was then followed by a market sizing question. The questions were not too difficult, however, they did question my assumptions to pressure me a bit in defending my answer.

The second (and final) round was at their Greenwich office, an hour from Manhattan. I had three back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. They were all with very senior executive people (VPs, Sr. VPs). Again, each asked me a couple of fit questions but the interview was mainly focused on the market sizing questions. and brainteasers. The questions were definitely unusual, and I thought, pretty challenging.

Overall, you need to be very quantitative to enjoy and have success in their interviews. Most of the employees have some sort of engineering or mathematics background.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer to work in a small company or a large firm? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in March 2011.

Good professional interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Mars & Co? Contribute to the Community!