Mars & Co Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds. The first was a 30-minute phone interview with typical fit questions. The next one was a set of in-person interviews consisting of back to back 45-minute meetings with an Associate Consultant and then a Senior Consultant. Each of these interviews contained fit questions and one case. The final round was another set of in-person interviews: this time three back-to-back interviews with a Project Manager and then two Senior Vice-Presidents. They asked fit, brain-teaser, and case questions. Two consultants also took me to lunch before my final-round interviews. Case questions consisted primarily (but not solely) of market sizing. One of the interviewers really challenged my process at a couple of points but every other interviewer was simply supportive throughout the whole thing. The Senior Vice-Presidents that I met with were especially warm and friendly. Communication and coordination with HR was quick and smooth throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Basic fit questions: e.g. Why Mars & Co? Why consulting? Tell me about yourself. Brain teasers: Probability questions Market sizing and case questions: (Don't want to out there material)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mars & Co

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mars & Co in October 2013.

Interview

Two back to back interviews. Each asked a few "tell me about a time" questions followed by a case.

Interview Questions

• case was ok. pretty straight forward. something about helping out a battery manufacturer in the states who considered outsourcing some of the work to China. If you kept a tally on the variable and fixed prices it was fine.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mars & Co.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed within two weeks.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview asking about interests and experience. Then flew down for two onsite interviews. Both of the interviews were briefly about my past experience and then short market-sizing questions. Nothing too difficult but I was not prepared for market sizing questions. They also wanted my notes after the interview...which I did not expect.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size of glass beer bottles in the US for a year?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Final Round: Standard. Three fit/case interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mars & Co.

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview through my college. I liked Mars interviewers the most out of two other job interviews I had that day. I had two 30 min interviews. One was behavioral and case. The other one was just case interview. I didn't get to move on to the second round. I think it might've been because of how I did on the case interview--they were trying to confuse me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars & Co (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was contacted first over the phone and had an informal conversation about my interest in consulting and the company. Then I had a phone interview which included a brain teaser and was invited to the in-office final round interview afterward. The final round consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews with senior consultants (each with a case) and lunch with two consultants afterward.

Interview Questions

• How many people in the US have a cup of coffee in their hand at this moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

After a short phone interview that was only personality and resume questions I was invited to Greenwich to interview on site. I met with three interviewers who presented different cases. Questions ranged from statistics to calculus to arithmetic. It was challenging, but interviewers were helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university career services. The first round consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a Senior Associate Consultant and a Managing Director. Both started with the typical behavior questions which was then followed by a market sizing question. The questions were not too difficult, however, they did question my assumptions to pressure me a bit in defending my answer. The second (and final) round was at their Greenwich office, an hour from Manhattan. I had three back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. They were all with very senior executive people (VPs, Sr. VPs). Again, each asked me a couple of fit questions but the interview was mainly focused on the market sizing questions. and brainteasers. The questions were definitely unusual, and I thought, pretty challenging. Overall, you need to be very quantitative to enjoy and have success in their interviews. Most of the employees have some sort of engineering or mathematics background.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to work in a small company or a large firm? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mars & Co (Greenwich, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Good professional interview