Mars & Co Interview Questions & Reviews in Connecticut

3.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co.

Phone screening with the recruiter and then 3 rounds of face to face intervies

Interview Questions
    I did not do any negotiation.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in October 2013.

Brief phone interview followed by a visit to the office where I had two interviews. Both interviews went reasonably well but was not extended an invite to final rounds. I was baffled to be honest, compared to interviews I had had with McKinsey and BCG this was a walk in the park

Interview Questions
    • The cases were straight-forward. No behavioral questions were asked. I think trying to connect with the interviewers was fairly difficult because they were slightly awkward/nervous - couldn't tell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in May 2010.

4-5 interview in 2 rounds, one half fir and the other mostly market sizing and brainteasers (Very quantitative)

None

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in February 2012.

After a short phone interview that was only personality and resume questions I was invited to Greenwich to interview on site. I met with three interviewers who presented different cases. Questions ranged from statistics to calculus to arithmetic. It was challenging, but interviewers were helpful.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars & Co in February 2012.

Only got the screening, didn't do to well. They asked basic questions about consulting, business, and your hobbies. Wouldn't be hard if you knew about consulting

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in November 2011.

I applied through my university career services. The first round consisted of two 1:1 interviews with a Senior Associate Consultant and a Managing Director. Both started with the typical behavior questions which was then followed by a market sizing question. The questions were not too difficult, however, they did question my assumptions to pressure me a bit in defending my answer.

The second (and final) round was at their Greenwich office, an hour from Manhattan. I had three back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. They were all with very senior executive people (VPs, Sr. VPs). Again, each asked me a couple of fit questions but the interview was mainly focused on the market sizing questions. and brainteasers. The questions were definitely unusual, and I thought, pretty challenging.

Overall, you need to be very quantitative to enjoy and have success in their interviews. Most of the employees have some sort of engineering or mathematics background.

Interview Questions
    • Would you prefer to work in a small company or a large firm? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in March 2011.

Good professional interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in March 2011.

I applied through my college's Careers site, submitting only my resume I believe. I heard back within perhaps two-three weeks of applying. We set up a phone interview by e-mail.
    It started on time, and I spoke with a human resources representative. It was a general behavioral interview, with questions concerning my interest in management consulting, my knowledge of the company, and why I would be a good fit. It was good that I had researched the company in advance. The total interview lasted about half an hour. At the end, the interviewer warned me that future rounds would of course include case interviews, for which candidates would do well to prepare.
    About a week later I received a standard-worded e-mail denying my application.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you think make you fit for consulting? Which of your strengths make you best fit for this position?   View Answer
    • What do you know about our company?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in November 2010.

i had my first interview at my university career center, consisted of two 1:1 interviews. first had brainteasers, second had me do a market sizing problem. both asked me what i knew about mars. second round was in greenwich hq, also 2 1:1 interviews (though it was supposed to be 3 45 min ones, had to change to 2 60 min ones at the last minute). asked me to estimate weight of a passenger plane about to take off, a probability question, and gave me a real pricing/profits case study from a few years back that they had done. also had a group lunch with two associate analysts and another interviewee. people seem nice enough, though a little bit reserved during the lunch. the hq was pretty cool and in a nice environment.

Interview Questions
    • estimate the market size for lacrosse equipment in the U.S.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in March 2010.

With Mars, I first had a phone interview and spoke with a long-tenured Mars employee about my educational background, work experiences, and the firm. By the beginning of the next week, I received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview at the "Mars Plaza." One other candidate was interviewing that afternoon, and the interviews consisted of three 1:1 interviews: two consultants and someone from HR. The interviews with consultants lasted one hour each, and the interview with HR lasted 30 minutes. The woman from HR was new to the company (<1 year), so she offered little new information about the company. The interviews with consultants involved approximately 25 minutes of behavioral questions, 25 minutes for a market-sizing question, and 10 minutes for questions. Overall, the interviewers were pleasant, but one did talk about frequently wanting to leave the company, which he worked for since earning a graduate degree.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mars & Co? Contribute to the Community!