Mars & Co

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mars & Co.

Interview Details – Was contacted first over the phone and had an informal conversation about my interest in consulting and the company. Then I had a phone interview which included a brain teaser and was invited to the in-office final round interview afterward. The final round consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews with senior consultants (each with a case) and lunch with two consultants afterward.

Interview Question – How many people in the US have a cup of coffee in their hand at this moment?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars & Co in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of two one-on-one interviews. I was asked a market sizing question in one and a couple of brain teasers in the other. Other than that it was mostly behavioral questions. Afterwards I had a short (and terrible) conversation in french with the office manager because it turns out I was being considered for a position that required speaking french. I was so obviously unqualified for the foreign language component of the job that it was no surprise I wasn't hired. The interviewing process was fine though.

Interview Question – How many french fries does McDonalds sell in a year?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mars & Co in August 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a VP, the HR lady and two higher-level consultants. Each one gave me some sort of brain-teaser or market sizing question. They also asked me questions about my resume, why I wanted to work in consulting, and why I wanted to work for Mars & Co in particular. The VP asked me if I knew what strategic consulting was and if I could identify some potential competitors in the industry. Overall my conversations with people were very laid-back. The interview lasted about 3.5 hours. I was not offered a position because my quants fell short.

Interview Question – What is strategic consulting?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mars & Co? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mars & Co interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mars & Co employees and interview candidates.