Marsh

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.7

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

On campus interview. Very generic and scripted questions. One interviewer who I felt did not want to be there. It was not an enjoyable interview. There is not much research that can be done to help you prepare for the interview. Just a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage market. It would help to be to date on current clients and business processes that they use. Ask a lot of questions to better help your position in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to tell some (social, not work related) something difficult. Please relate this to your position of interest.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in October 2014.

I submitted an online application for the position and was contacted by a recruiter in Kentucky within a week. The recruiter sent a link for a virtual assessment to be completed, as well as scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The assessment and interview both consisted of fairly standard behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict," etc.

Next was a scheduled in-person interview at their offices with two hiring managers. They asked more of the same behavioral questions and went into a few details about the particulars of the position. Was informed within two weeks (via telephone by the recruiter in Kentucky) that I was being offered the position, and informed about start times for training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How was it received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay is very much on the low side, at a non-negotiable $12.88/hr. This roughly equates to $26,000/yr, which even with benefits is tough to get by on.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in September 2014.

Two rounds of interviews - First round on Campus, and the recruiter hardly asked any questions. Just wanted to see how much you knew about Marsh and how interested you were in the position. Second round was a "superday" of four back to back 30min. interviews on-site with managers and the director of the TRAC program. Questions were mostly fit based, and the interviews were mostly conversations about the job, the company, etc. Pretty standard and straightforward interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Hoe do you deal with a difficult teammate? Why Marsh? What do you know about insurance?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate for the internship offer

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question
    Offer seemed firm.

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

On Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • What new technology is gaining traction in the insurance industry?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Questions
    • What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   View Answer

TRAC Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

Hiring process consisted of an initial phone screening, then another screening, then I can in for the interview. The interview was with 3 managing directors from the department I was trying to get in with. They all could not have been nicer. Very conversational, asked simple questions like how would you feel having to do this and are you able to balance lots of different tasks at the same time.

Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.