Marsh

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in July 2011.

Interview Details – Internal application. Recommended by my line manager.

Two part interview - panel at first and then a one to one. Skill tests carried out in the panel interview.

Technical Questions relating to unique covers available to clients - comment was made before questions where put to me that the correct answer was not necessarily what was being sought as the covers being queried where specialised - interiewers wanted to see how I would approach a query.

I made it through the panel interview and was selected for 2nd round with one to one interview with section head. I felt this aspect of the interview process was repetitive. With a lot of the information previously advised during the general application and the panel interview being rehashed.

In the one to one interview a query was raised as to why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) - I felt that this question was unfair as my line manager had recommended me for consideration and an outsider of the firm would not have been in such a position.

I found the internal interview process to be more difficult then a general interview - as I had to remind myself that I had to display my skills as if the interviewing team did not have experience of working with me.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some)   View Answer

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

Internal Sales -entry Level

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

Interview Details – online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Question – How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details – Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Question – What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

TRAC Internship Interview

TRAC Internship
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Interview Question – All of them were difficult.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Summer TRAC Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details – Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, accept or dont

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Question – What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   View Answer

Risk Management Consultant Interview

Risk Management Consultant
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview
2 face to face interview
1 psychometric test

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, though the "real test" is the psychometric test. So could be a deal breaker if you're of great attitude but poor IQ.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Poor. No room for negotiation.

Client Representative Interview

Client Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marsh in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interveiw first. Basically introduce myself, what my job responsibilities are, salary expectations, those normal easy questions. The HR is very nice, and the phone interview lasted for around 7-8 minutes. Immediately after phone intervew, she sent me an email for an on site. On the day of interview, the HR had me to sit down with two client executive/managers separately. She said they would be my managers in the future if i were offered the job. The female manager is british i think and very nice talking. And male manager is hard to deal with. He sounds like he expects a lot from his surbodinates. He kinda of boasts about him doing great presentations in front of clients like attorney firms, and getting the deal done. I think I was nervous when talking to him, cuz i can feel that he doesn't think i'm a good fit for the position since very begining when he said hello to me. ( I'm Asian.)

The interview lasts for an hour. No difficult questions. Basically talk about what I am doing at work now, how i prioritize things, and how to keep good relations with clients.

At the end i walked out, I know i can't get this offer...Cuz i'm not a aggressive person, not good at presentation those stuff.

Interview Question – no particular difficult questions, i dont remember   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

Risk Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details – On Campus interview

Interview Question – What new technology is gaining traction in the insurance industry?   View Answer

Client Representative Interview

Client Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marsh in April 2008.

Interview Details – Employee referral makes the process easier. Panel interview, one technical person, one representative from HR and often the boss for the specific team/role you are interviewing for. Behavioural questions including "describe a situation where there was conflict and how you handled that conflict?" Technical questions such as "describe what time of coverages / insurance products you have worked with"

Interview Question – describe a situation where there was conflict and how you handled that conflict?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh

Worked for Marsh? Contribute to the Community!