Marsh

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.7

Client Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in July 2011.

Internal application. Recommended by my line manager.

Two part interview - panel at first and then a one to one. Skill tests carried out in the panel interview.

Technical Questions relating to unique covers available to clients - comment was made before questions where put to me that the correct answer was not necessarily what was being sought as the covers being queried where specialised - interiewers wanted to see how I would approach a query.

I made it through the panel interview and was selected for 2nd round with one to one interview with section head. I felt this aspect of the interview process was repetitive. With a lot of the information previously advised during the general application and the panel interview being rehashed.

In the one to one interview a query was raised as to why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some) - I felt that this question was unfair as my line manager had recommended me for consideration and an outsider of the firm would not have been in such a position.

I found the internal interview process to be more difficult then a general interview - as I had to remind myself that I had to display my skills as if the interviewing team did not have experience of working with me.

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to leave the section I was in? Did I have issues with my colleagues in this section (naming some)   View Answer

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh.

Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Questions
    • What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

TRAC Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Certificate Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Applied for another position and received an opportunity to purse this one instead. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Met with the manager and supervisor. Very professional interview that took about 30 mins. Common questions. No surprises. No offer at the end of the interview. Waited weeks for a response. Overall, seemed like a great place to work and great people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • How would did you handle a situation with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question
    none, accept or dont

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Questions
    • What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marsh.

I saw the job posting on Indeed, went to the company website and submitted my resume online. HR sent Email in a week to arrange a telephone interview.Questions are standard screening ones, salary expectation included. And It felt like they had a lot of candidates, so the whole process would take at least several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce your background. Go through your resume. Describe your team work experience.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marsh in February 2015.

Five basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Most questions are centered around common dilemmas you may come across in a school or work setting so work on your story-telling skills

Interview Questions
    • What was a moment when you had trouble dealing with a fellow student, professor, boss, etc. and what was your response?   Answer Question

Risk Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

1 phone interview
    2 face to face interview
    1 psychometric test

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, though the "real test" is the psychometric test. So could be a deal breaker if you're of great attitude but poor IQ.   Answer Question
    Poor. No room for negotiation.