Marsh Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.8

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of an initial phone screening, then another screening, then I can in for the interview. The interview was with 3 managing directors from the department I was trying to get in with. They all could not have been nicer. Very conversational, asked simple questions like how would you feel having to do this and are you able to balance lots of different tasks at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Interview

Group discussion followed by two rounds of group interview followed by one round of personal interview. Didnt clear the group interview round so unaware about further rounds. Involves unexpected questions and situations. Ability to be aggressive is desired.

Compliance Interview

Interview

Applied through law school's career database (symplicity) /Interviewed with a senior compliance officer at the headquarters (have heard though another intern was interviewed by three senior officers in one day)/got an offer after three weeks

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

I was placed on assignment at Marsh through a local temp agency. Waited a year, as supervisor made the case to develop a permanent position for me. When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. The interview process was very straightforward only because I had worked with both companies (Mercer more sporadically, by way of Marsh) for over a year and had thus proven my worth.

Interview Questions

• The position was created for me and all of my interviewers seemed to consider me an expert, thus there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. And both offers went up a couple times before I accepted Marsh's.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.

Intern - Excess Casualty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Very behavioral. Walk me through your resume - What do you know about insurance?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a basic behavioral interview. They asked about my past work experiences and leadership roles in order to get a general idea of how I would perform in the position assigned. They also wanted to see how I handled different situations. No different than any other behavioral interview. I heard back the next day and received an offer. The internship was a less formal internship program as I was the only intern working for my boss, so there was more personal attention.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at achieving your task.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Good, thoughtful questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh in June 2012.

Interview

The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. it ended up being part time, and i needed full time

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Urbandale, IA).

Interview

Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer seemed firm.