Marsh Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.9

Risk Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. It was a two interview process: The first round was an on campus interview and the second round was a "speed dating" where you interview with three people each for about 30 minutes.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter , second phone interview with hiring manager , 3 more phone interviews with others within the specific business , final face to face with hiring manager and department manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the three words which describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. The first round consisted of easy, common behavioral questions with a senior vice president from one of the sectors. Then the second round consisted of 3 back to back, 30 minute interviews. Two interviews with senior vice presidents, and the third interview with an HR employee. Overall experience is that it was easy. Just know your resume, and be able to explain what you have done, and the outcomes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time I had to do something, and it didn't work out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was not a fun process, but what process is? Was asked why I wanted to be in insurance, what drove me there, and why I would be a good candidate. There were a couple of rounds but again, not that hard overall.

Interview Questions

• All the sort of questions you would think they would ask   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marsh (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

4-person panel interview. Interviewers were all very nice, relaxed, funny and explained that they understand this process can be unsettling. We had a great conversation, even though many of the formal interview questions contain several parts within one question and require the candidate to use critical thinking skills, along with professional background experience from which to draw.

Interview Questions

• Talk to us about your negotiation process when working with clients and insurance carriers.   1 Answer

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with several principals of the organization. Interview questions were about how I could add value to their company. They relied on Omni scores to determine personality fit for sales versus service.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was conducted in a bad way, the HR seemed to be disorganized and the HR analyst lied to me many times. They also have never given me an answer about the result of the hiring process. I got extremely disappointed with Marsh, which was a company I used to admire.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Loss Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview with senior staff and collegues, info on major accounts and benefits. The process include a review with the Human Resources assistant directors, major account managers and other loss control consultants. They were interested in 2 major skill, technical loss control skill, industry experience and presentation (i.e, do you present a highly professional appearance and demeanor, can you verbally communicate you ideas, can you put your ideas on paper)

Interview Questions

• Can you travel 40 percent of the time?   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application then a telephone interview. Pre-Telephone Interview difficult since it wasn't planned - therefore I wasn't prepared for the questions the interviewer asked. Interviewer very pleasant but difficult to convey your suitability when questions were only about the scheme itself.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Sent cover letter to HR team in New York who forwarded it to local University Relations team. In several weeks, received request for on-campus interview. Interviewed with senior vice president, who asked several technical questions about my previous internship experience, then proceeded to discuss lighter topics such as sports and my university (which the SVP also attended). About a week later, received invitation for final interviews in downtown office. Final interview day began early with a very informal briefing of what to expect with a Campus Recruiting specialist, followed by the actual interviews. Four candidates were brought in that day and each of us was put in a separate room. Four interviewers rotated between all four rooms, one visit from each interviewer to each candidate. My first three interviewers were VPs who asked moderately difficult behavioral questions, but were easy to socialize with, two in particular because they had graduated from the same university as me and knew many of the same people in the industry. The fourth interview was by far the most difficult, as the interviewer was an HR professional (in fact, the person who developed the TRAC program as I understand it) and asked very subjective and abstract questions. I felt that the order of my interviews put me at a disadvantage to the other candidates, because I was the person who was theoretically the most fatigued during my interview with the HR professional. However, I was told that all four of the interviewers would have some say in the decision, and to the best of my knowledge I was the only person who received an offer from that interviewing day. After the round of interviews, all of the candidates were taken to a conference room to have refreshments and ask questions to current full-time TRAC Associates (This is a two-year rotational and formal training program which is the entry-level job upon completion of an internship). We were advised that this Q&A session would have no bearing on our interview decision, so we were free to ask anything we wanted without fear of consequences. After that session, the Campus Recruiting specialist told us that a decision would be made by the weekend (this interview day had been on a Thursday). I received a call the next day from the Campus Recruiting specialist asking how I thought the interview process went and informing me that I was being extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name three strengths and three weaknesses of yours. Q: Why are you interested in broking as opposed to another line of work in the insurance industry? Q: Did you have a final presentation during your last internship? Tell me about that presentation, with an emphasis on analytical aspects.   Answer Question