Marsh

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Compliance Interview

Applied through law school's career database (symplicity) /Interviewed with a senior compliance officer at the headquarters (have heard though another intern was interviewed by three senior officers in one day)/got an offer after three weeks

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in October 2014.

I submitted an online application for the position and was contacted by a recruiter in Kentucky within a week. The recruiter sent a link for a virtual assessment to be completed, as well as scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The assessment and interview both consisted of fairly standard behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict," etc.

Next was a scheduled in-person interview at their offices with two hiring managers. They asked more of the same behavioral questions and went into a few details about the particulars of the position. Was informed within two weeks (via telephone by the recruiter in Kentucky) that I was being offered the position, and informed about start times for training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How was it received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay is very much on the low side, at a non-negotiable $12.88/hr. This roughly equates to $26,000/yr, which even with benefits is tough to get by on.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in September 2014.

Two rounds of interviews - First round on Campus, and the recruiter hardly asked any questions. Just wanted to see how much you knew about Marsh and how interested you were in the position. Second round was a "superday" of four back to back 30min. interviews on-site with managers and the director of the TRAC program. Questions were mostly fit based, and the interviews were mostly conversations about the job, the company, etc. Pretty standard and straightforward interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Hoe do you deal with a difficult teammate? Why Marsh? What do you know about insurance?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate for the internship offer

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

On campus interview. Very generic and scripted questions. One interviewer who I felt did not want to be there. It was not an enjoyable interview. There is not much research that can be done to help you prepare for the interview. Just a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage market. It would help to be to date on current clients and business processes that they use. Ask a lot of questions to better help your position in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to tell some (social, not work related) something difficult. Please relate this to your position of interest.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Group discussion followed by two rounds of group interview followed by one round of personal interview. Didnt clear the group interview round so unaware about further rounds. Involves unexpected questions and situations. Ability to be aggressive is desired.

Certificate Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Applied for another position and received an opportunity to purse this one instead. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Met with the manager and supervisor. Very professional interview that took about 30 mins. Common questions. No surprises. No offer at the end of the interview. Waited weeks for a response. Overall, seemed like a great place to work and great people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • How would did you handle a situation with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question
    none, accept or dont

TRAC Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh in March 2010.

I was placed on assignment at Marsh through a local temp agency. Waited a year, as supervisor made the case to develop a permanent position for me. When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. The interview process was very straightforward only because I had worked with both companies (Mercer more sporadically, by way of Marsh) for over a year and had thus proven my worth.

Interview Questions
    • The position was created for me and all of my interviewers seemed to consider me an expert, thus there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. And both offers went up a couple times before I accepted Marsh's.

Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh.

Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Questions
    • What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question