Marsh Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Risk Analyst Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. It was a two interview process: The first round was an on campus interview and the second round was a "speed dating" where you interview with three people each for about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. The first round consisted of easy, common behavioral questions with a senior vice president from one of the sectors. Then the second round consisted of 3 back to back, 30 minute interviews. Two interviews with senior vice presidents, and the third interview with an HR employee. Overall experience is that it was easy. Just know your resume, and be able to explain what you have done, and the outcomes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time I had to do something, and it didn't work out.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter , second phone interview with hiring manager , 3 more phone interviews with others within the specific business , final face to face with hiring manager and department manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the three words which describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview. Once offer accepted it still took time before start date. They had to get sign offs. Manager occasionally called with follow up questions as well. Was always kept in loop as to status. Phone interview with Senior Management as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was conducted in a bad way, the HR seemed to be disorganized and the HR analyst lied to me many times. They also have never given me an answer about the result of the hiring process. I got extremely disappointed with Marsh, which was a company I used to admire.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with several principals of the organization. Interview questions were about how I could add value to their company. They relied on Omni scores to determine personality fit for sales versus service.

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zionsville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh (Zionsville, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

i met with the front end manager and she asked me just basic questions like my experience with meat, my knowledge of different kinds of meat. also just general questions like my background, my personal skills and customer service skills

Interview Questions

• if a customer asks you a specific question that you dont know and no one else is there to help what would you do?   Answer Question

Loss Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview with senior staff and collegues, info on major accounts and benefits. The process include a review with the Human Resources assistant directors, major account managers and other loss control consultants. They were interested in 2 major skill, technical loss control skill, industry experience and presentation (i.e, do you present a highly professional appearance and demeanor, can you verbally communicate you ideas, can you put your ideas on paper)

Interview Questions

• Can you travel 40 percent of the time?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

I saw the job posting on Indeed, went to the company website and submitted my resume online. HR sent Email in a week to arrange a telephone interview.Questions are standard screening ones, salary expectation included. And It felt like they had a lot of candidates, so the whole process would take at least several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your background. Go through your resume. Describe your team work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, accept or dont