Marsh

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh in June 2012.

The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. it ended up being part time, and i needed full time

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in October 2014.

I submitted an online application for the position and was contacted by a recruiter in Kentucky within a week. The recruiter sent a link for a virtual assessment to be completed, as well as scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The assessment and interview both consisted of fairly standard behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict," etc.

Next was a scheduled in-person interview at their offices with two hiring managers. They asked more of the same behavioral questions and went into a few details about the particulars of the position. Was informed within two weeks (via telephone by the recruiter in Kentucky) that I was being offered the position, and informed about start times for training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How was it received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay is very much on the low side, at a non-negotiable $12.88/hr. This roughly equates to $26,000/yr, which even with benefits is tough to get by on.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question
    Offer seemed firm.

Risk Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

On Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • What new technology is gaining traction in the insurance industry?   View Answer

Risk Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

1 phone interview
    2 face to face interview
    1 psychometric test

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, though the "real test" is the psychometric test. So could be a deal breaker if you're of great attitude but poor IQ.   Answer Question
    Poor. No room for negotiation.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question
    none, accept or dont

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh in May 2012.

What a waste and lack of respect of my time and energy. I was contacted by Marsh and did a phone screen in March. I was told the interviewer was very busy and that they wouldn't have time to interview till May. In early May, interviews were set up, canceled and re-scheduled by Marsh twice - saying the interviewer was busy. Finally booked an interview and the morning of, they made contact 30 minutes before the interview asking to push it from 10a-11a. I agreed and was waiting in the lobby at 11am. Interviewer did not come to collect me till 11:25 and I was done and out of the building by 11:45. Interviewer had little interest in getting to know me and when I asked if they were considering many other candidates, I found out the position was being filled internally. If that was the case, then why waste my time and effort? So completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions asked, Interviewer just skimmed my resume and repeated my qualifications and skills back to me.   Answer Question

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marsh in October 2011.

I got a phone interveiw first. Basically introduce myself, what my job responsibilities are, salary expectations, those normal easy questions. The HR is very nice, and the phone interview lasted for around 7-8 minutes. Immediately after phone intervew, she sent me an email for an on site. On the day of interview, the HR had me to sit down with two client executive/managers separately. She said they would be my managers in the future if i were offered the job. The female manager is british i think and very nice talking. And male manager is hard to deal with. He sounds like he expects a lot from his surbodinates. He kinda of boasts about him doing great presentations in front of clients like attorney firms, and getting the deal done. I think I was nervous when talking to him, cuz i can feel that he doesn't think i'm a good fit for the position since very begining when he said hello to me. ( I'm Asian.)

The interview lasts for an hour. No difficult questions. Basically talk about what I am doing at work now, how i prioritize things, and how to keep good relations with clients.

At the end i walked out, I know i can't get this offer...Cuz i'm not a aggressive person, not good at presentation those stuff.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in January 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions
    • What will you do in a situation when facing non believers user in order to convince them ?   Answer Question

Workplace unexpected

Client Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marsh in April 2008.

Employee referral makes the process easier. Panel interview, one technical person, one representative from HR and often the boss for the specific team/role you are interviewing for. Behavioural questions including "describe a situation where there was conflict and how you handled that conflict?" Technical questions such as "describe what time of coverages / insurance products you have worked with"

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where there was conflict and how you handled that conflict?   View Answers (2)