Marsh Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014
24 interviews

2.7

Marketing Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marsh in January 2010.

Interviewed for position went well, even received a call from HR afterwards to talk compensation, if other offers were on the table from other employers, and was told a decision would be soon. Never heard from them again, so I followed up to be told they ultimately went with an internal candidate. Thanks for letting me know!

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in January 2008.

Did resume drop through university. First interview on campus with one older employee and one 2 year employee from same school. Second interview was at the company office. Interviewed with 2 departments and was asked which I would prefer. It is definitely a benefit to know which you would prefer and be able to articulate why. I told them specifically that I desired a formal training program. I was told there was a formal Risk Analyst program. NOT TRUE. The program exists primarily in name and you are asked to go through some online presentations and keep a journal of work over the first year of work. Total waste of time and disappointment.

Interview Questions
    • What department are you most interested in and why (Casualty or Property)?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Little to no room for negotiations.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marsh in February 2010.

The process went smoothly, with the initial screening taking the most time. Once the screening was complete, everything else went quite quickly, with an offer being made within two weeks of the interview. Employees were professional and pleasant. Interview was very thorough, with them ensuring that I understood all phases of the position and expectations. This made me feel comfortable that I was interviewing at the right place.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss prior experiences with analyzing and implementing initiatives such as these.   View Answer
    Salary...Do your homework about the salary ranges prior to negotiating.

Client Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marsh in April 2008.

Employee referral makes the process easier. Panel interview, one technical person, one representative from HR and often the boss for the specific team/role you are interviewing for. Behavioural questions including "describe a situation where there was conflict and how you handled that conflict?" Technical questions such as "describe what time of coverages / insurance products you have worked with"

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where there was conflict and how you handled that conflict?   View Answers (2)