Marsh Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh Supermarkets

Sacker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets.

My dad was a lifelong employee. My interview process was basically nepotism. I actually think most hires in Marsh are referred from current employees or family members.

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

1 interview, they may call you back, but usually you are offered a job right then. You most likely have the job if you receive an interview unless you make key interview errors like " i hate people ".
    you work a 90 day period for review, normally part-time job

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in June 2012.

I applied for the job directly through the hiring store. I was contacted by phone less than one week later. I was asked when I would be available for an interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager, Dept. Manager, and the Meat Specialist. They asked a number of questions in regards to my training and experience. I was contacted by phone a few days later, at which time they offered me a job. I was asked to come back in a few days later to discuss compensation and to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if would be willing to work every Sunday, which is typically listed as unavailable due to religious reasons.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in March 2012.

I walked into the store, gave them my resume and asked if I could interview for any available jobs. I mentioned I was specifically interested in the bakery. The manager said he would submit my resume to the other manager, and then they called me for an interview about a day later. I went in for the interview, talked to the store manager and the store director for about five minutes about why I wanted to work there, and then they hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions
    They asked what my minimum hourly rate was and I said 8.00 an hour, then they told me the starting rate for someone in the bakery and deli is 8.15 an hour, so I was satisfied.

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in January 2012.

Typical interview; pleased with the fact that employer was willing to give me an opportunity based on limited retail experience in the field.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in March 2011.

Background check, quick interview to ask why you are applying for the position, asked about availability and how long of an employment I was interested in

Interview Questions
    • availability since it changes. There really were no difficult questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Pharmacist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in November 2009.

Good experience, but didn't get an offer. Not really hiring in the area in which I wanted to work.

Grocery Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in February 2009.

Showed up, filled out an app, and was interviewed on the spot

Low pay