Marsh Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh Supermarkets

Sacker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets.

Interview

My dad was a lifelong employee. My interview process was basically nepotism. I actually think most hires in Marsh are referred from current employees or family members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Interview

1 interview, they may call you back, but usually you are offered a job right then. You most likely have the job if you receive an interview unless you make key interview errors like " i hate people ". you work a 90 day period for review, normally part-time job

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Lafayette, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job directly through the hiring store. I was contacted by phone less than one week later. I was asked when I would be available for an interview. I was interviewed by the Store Manager, Dept. Manager, and the Meat Specialist. They asked a number of questions in regards to my training and experience. I was contacted by phone a few days later, at which time they offered me a job. I was asked to come back in a few days later to discuss compensation and to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if would be willing to work every Sunday, which is typically listed as unavailable due to religious reasons.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Greenwood, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy- interviewer just asked me questions about being qualified for the job and just had me fill out employment papers like W2s and all. She then called me later in the week to give me schedule. I started about a week after my interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Started at minimum wage

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Bloomington, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

I walked into the store, gave them my resume and asked if I could interview for any available jobs. I mentioned I was specifically interested in the bakery. The manager said he would submit my resume to the other manager, and then they called me for an interview about a day later. I went in for the interview, talked to the store manager and the store director for about five minutes about why I wanted to work there, and then they hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Marsh?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what my minimum hourly rate was and I said 8.00 an hour, then they told me the starting rate for someone in the bakery and deli is 8.15 an hour, so I was satisfied.

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

Typical interview; pleased with the fact that employer was willing to give me an opportunity based on limited retail experience in the field.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Mike theilan who has no grocery experience at all sat down and interviewed me, he asked simple questions regarding customer service and conflict resolution. He then went on and asked about how comfortable I was working more than 40 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working more than 40 hours a week?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Background check, quick interview to ask why you are applying for the position, asked about availability and how long of an employment I was interested in

Interview Questions

• availability since it changes. There really were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Pharmacist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in November 2009.

Interview

Good experience, but didn't get an offer. Not really hiring in the area in which I wanted to work.

Grocery Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh Supermarkets in February 2009.

Interview

Showed up, filled out an app, and was interviewed on the spot

Low pay