Marsh & McLennan Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough. First was a one hour phone interview with HR Director which was scheduled for 20-25 minutes by admin but went a full hour. Great rapport, basically fact-finding. Then received a call two weeks later for in-person interview. Initially met with HRD again for about an hour, took Wonderlic test. Next I met with Department Head. Very direct, aggressive questions but I was able to respond cogently. After about an hour I got a brief tour of the office and was offered lunch following week with team member. Lunch went well - casual. Got more info on position. Then took Kolbe test online. Further tests from industrial psychologist who I then met with to review off-site. Finally lunch with one of the two partners and an offer.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were from the Department Head who went through my resume with a fine tooth comb.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy - they knew roughly what I was scheduled to make in 2013 and increased their offer a little in addition to nearly 4 weeks vacation and allowed me a flexible schedule as my wife just gave birth to twins 6 months ago.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Marsh & McLennan Companies – Why Work for Us?

Marsh and McLennan Companies is the premier global professional services firm, providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Through our market leading brands: Marsh, Oliver Wyman… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marsh & McLennan Companies Account Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Marsh & McLennan Companies employees and interview candidates.