Marsh & McLennan Companies

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Specialist Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Received an email requesting time for a phone interview which was scheduled and completed within a week. Nothing difficult about the phone screen, straight forward questions about my background. A few days later I received another email requesting when I might be available for in office interview. This was agreed upon in a few days giving me a week before my scheduled meeting. My interview was scheduled from 1:00 to 2:45 with meetings with 4 different people. I was greeted upon arrival and was personally guided by same girl from meeting to meeting. I met with head of department as well as immediate team members. I was supposed to meet with the local HR Director but there was a conflict and she was not able to see me. As in the phone interview, the questions asked by all persons were pretty much straight forward. Everyone was engaging and professional. I enjoyed the visit. It was just a few days before I got a call for HR in discussing an offer.

Interview Question – The following was included my resume Executive Summary "Forward-thinking leader .......". I had my resume professionally written and those words were not mine. My interviewer as me was if meant by forward-thinking leader. I was not prepared for that one. Moral of the story is if you have professional help writing your resume, be sure you agree and can explain everything the writer includes. I fumbled on answering with a stammering about how much more productive it is than going backward....................UGH!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – because they did not offer Advisory Specialist job in Dallas siting a weekness in customer interface (I was coming from a wholesale underwritering background) but alternately thought I would be better suited for a Broker Placement role. This might have been acceptable except the position was not in Dallas but 4 1/2 hours down the highway in Houston. The job did not excite me enough to relocate (I have a 3000sf home and LOTS of stuff).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Marsh & McLennan Companies – Why Work for Us?

Marsh and McLennan Companies is the premier global professional services firm, providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Through our market leading brands: Marsh, Oliver Wyman… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marsh & McLennan Companies Advisory Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Marsh & McLennan Companies employees and interview candidates.