Marsh & McLennan Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in June 2008.

Interview Details – Conversational, skills and knowledge based interview style.

Interview Question – How would you respond to a client expressing their dissatisfaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. In the form of a letter with salary and laid out bonus plan.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Client Advisor position. I was contacted one week later by the recruiter for a preliminary phone interview. She asked me about my experience, my responsibilities at my previous position, why I left, and why I was applying at Marsh. The phone interview went well and at the end of the conversation she let me know that she would give my information to the manager for review. She informed me of the salary and asked me if it was in my range. I really appreciated that she gave me that information up front so that there were no surprises later.
I had an in-person interview with the manager a week later. The manager asked me about my experience and my responsibilities at my previous position. She asked me to explain instances of resolution conflict at my previous job. She explained the responsibilities of the position I was interviewing for and what the day-to-day was like. The interview went well.
The recruiter scheduled a second in-person interview with the office head and zone leader. This interview was the most difficult. The zone leader asked challenging questions and asked for examples of resolution conflict at my previous employer. I had to prove why I would be a good candidate for the position and really sell myself to the zone leader.
I was contacted two days later to continue the hiring process with the recruiter which led to an offer.
Overall the experience was enjoyable. I am very happy with my new position and highly recommend interviewing with Marsh. It was by far the most professional and most challenging interview process I have experienced. Many companies could learn a lot from the Marsh interview process.

Interview Question – Explain an instance where you resolved a customer complaint that made them happy with you and with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter and I agreed to a salary that I could accept but wasn't completely satisfied with. They had a tight salary window that was difficult to negotiate. The recruiter came back with a slightly higher salary for the final offer that I really appreciated.
My advice is to be willing to negotiate but be up front and honest if you're not totally satisfied. I didn't play hardball and in the end the recruiter helped me out.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Marsh & McLennan Companies – Why Work for Us?

Marsh and McLennan Companies is the premier global professional services firm, providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Through our market leading brands: Marsh, Oliver Wyman… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marsh & McLennan Companies Client Advisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Marsh & McLennan Companies employees and interview candidates.