Marsh & McLennan Companies Insurance Broker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

They have the process down to a science they feel. They interview 200 and hire 2 (ratio) select people with traits they feel will determine success for company and individual. Must have industry experience &/or have contacts otherwise they feel it isn't a good fit regardless of what the job postings say. They missed a good one.

Interview Questions

• How many contacts do you have that are a decision maker in companies with 50 or more employee's?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marsh & McLennan Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The first interview was very generally, practically a meet and greet. The second interview was more of meeting with the related team members (including the department head) the see how I would mesh with the related department and business related matters. It was stated that a call would be coming within a two weeks. Depending on each department and the complexity of the work involved, I would imagine that the interview process will vary.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable providing presentations to an audience both being prepared and on the spot?   1 Answer

Insurance Broker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

A former colleague let me know they were looking for someone to run a specific department. I had the qualifications. I met with the direct report manager and the dotted-line manager at the same time. We understood one another and I had an offer shortly after the one and only interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight-forward. I asked for 4 weeks of vacation when the usual was 2 and I got it.

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Wellington (New Zealand)) in October 2010.

Interview

2 interviews, one phone, one face to face with HR manager over the telephone. All done quite casually as I was recruited by people I know for that particular role.

Negotiation

negotiated my salary based on the fact I had more experience and required less training