Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Interview was strange and a first for me. I used an App on my phone to record myself answering interview questions. I didn't care much for this. I love technology but this was very awkward. Later I received a phone call about the salary that I requested. She said that they couldn't give me what I was asking but that they thought their benefits would compensate. I agreed to meet with the management in Louisville who was on vacation. Next thing I know/ I received an email saying that they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What salary were you looking for? Strengths / weakness   Answer Question

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

They have the process down to a science they feel. They interview 200 and hire 2 (ratio) select people with traits they feel will determine success for company and individual. Must have industry experience &/or have contacts otherwise they feel it isn't a good fit regardless of what the job postings say. They missed a good one.

Interview Questions

• How many contacts do you have that are a decision maker in companies with 50 or more employee's?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview is with HireVue online. The questions were far-fetch, which leaves you almost speechless. it picks up your facial expressions, and even if you're not nervous, just the fact of being filmed makes things uneasy.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want to work for us? How would you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Summer Trac Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of an On-Campus interview and then a Super day of 4 back to back interviews with Managers in their respective practices and then one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a team member that wasn't cooperative and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was via HireVue. Once you receive the invitation you have 48 hours to complete it otherwise it will expire. They give you ample opportunities to take a practice exam before you begin the actual interview. Once you start the interview you get a 30 second prep time before the actual recording begins. Once you start recording that's it! You can not make any changes what you say or do in front of the webcam will be submitted. This was my first video recording interview and it was a smooth process less than 10 minutes. I just took the interview so I am not sure if I will get an offer or not.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Whole process took 4 week. Applied online and heard from a recruiter in 3 days, Had about a 20-30 minute phone conversation with the recruiter. Then took a test and passed. Then met with a manager, and then another manager the week after. Got an offer approximately a two days later.

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to participate in an online interview. The interview was essentially a recording of myself answering questions, to be played back by numerous department heads.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Marsh & McLennan to your friends?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

A phone and then 2 in person interviews. The people that I spoke to were very nice and open about the company. At times I felt I was asking more questions about the company than they were about me. Would have been a nice place to work; however, I received a better offer elsewhere.

Application

Interview

Process was very professional and MM folks were very well prepared. MM people were cordial and questions were well prepared. One question would lead into the other. Plenty of time for candidate to ask their own questions and provide feedback to the interview team. Group seems very organized and fully explained position, responsibilities and day to day processes and procedures.

Interview Questions

• How do you refuse to do an assigned task?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Had phone interview, then in person interview with supervisor, then another in person interview with Dept Head, then another interview with HR. Followed up and company decided to hire from within.