Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.8

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The process was extremely fast and easy. There were 2 rounds in addition to the phone interview with the staffing agency. Overall, it was a very smooth and fast process. The hiring manager was straight to the point and within 2 days, I had an offer in my hand.

Interview Questions

• They went through the typical "tell me about your previous role" and why are you looking to move. Make sure you are clear with your salary expectations and ask about career growth.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Surprisingly, the interview was scheduled for 8 am. This worked for me, but it seemed unusually early. I spoke with two women, both of whom were Senior Project Managers who had been with the company for 17 years. One took the lead and asked me a variety of textbook questions, mainly about my background. She seemed pleasant enough, if a little stale. The other was borderline abrasive, seeming uninterested in the call right from the start and asking/saying some pointed questions/observations, such as: - "Why would you leave San Francisco, where you had a job, to move to Chicago, where you don't have a job?" Her intonation suggested that she either thought this was a stupid decision or didn't believe me when I said that I had left my former company voluntarily. (I had also addressed the move in my opening summary about myself, clearly explaining that I had left SF due to high cost of living and my fiancee wanting to be closer to her family in the Mdwest) - "This position would deal with projects that are far more complex than those you managed in your last role." Her tone suggested that I somehow wasn't up to the challenge. (This was after I had explained that I was looking to get into a project management role with more complex projects, as I found my previous position unchallenging. Additionally, the job description only required one year of project management experience, so they clearly aren't looking for a senior candidate) - I asked about the team structure, adding that I assumed that I would be reporting to a project manager. She replied that I was "incorrect", and then preceded to repeat the summary of the job's responsibilities. She never actually discussed the team structure. The call lasted about 25 minutes and left me wishing I hadn't bothered with the interview. Based on the disdain I sensed from the second woman, I can't imagine I'll be invited to an in-person interview, but if by some chance I do, I'll probably turn it down; I wouldn't want to work at a company that saw leadership potential in this woman, let alone deal with her on a day-to-day basis. Neither woman seemed particularly passionate either (especially the second), which isn't a good sign for the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging project you worked on. What;s the first thing you would do when starting a new project? What would you do when multiple project coordinators were vying for the same resource?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Interview was strange and a first for me. I used an App on my phone to record myself answering interview questions. I didn't care much for this. I love technology but this was very awkward. Later I received a phone call about the salary that I requested. She said that they couldn't give me what I was asking but that they thought their benefits would compensate. I agreed to meet with the management in Louisville who was on vacation. Next thing I know/ I received an email saying that they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What salary were you looking for? Strengths / weakness   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montevideo (Uruguay)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Montevideo (Uruguay)) in May 2014.

Interview

I first had an interview at the Marsh offices with 2 managers from the company, who were very informative about the position responsibilities and what they were looking for in a new employee. then, I had an external interview at a recruiter's office, Advice, which included a written test and a basic interview which repeated many of the same questions from my first interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview is with HireVue online. The questions were far-fetch, which leaves you almost speechless. it picks up your facial expressions, and even if you're not nervous, just the fact of being filmed makes things uneasy.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want to work for us? How would you handle a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

They have the process down to a science they feel. They interview 200 and hire 2 (ratio) select people with traits they feel will determine success for company and individual. Must have industry experience &/or have contacts otherwise they feel it isn't a good fit regardless of what the job postings say. They missed a good one.

Interview Questions

• How many contacts do you have that are a decision maker in companies with 50 or more employee's?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Pune (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

5 Rounds with different concepts on HR Interview, Personal details, GD, Group GD, PI. Questions were basic and were to test the general knowledge, awareness and readiness to join the organisation. A lot of questions were based on HR concept and the CV

Summer Trac Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of an On-Campus interview and then a Super day of 4 back to back interviews with Managers in their respective practices and then one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a team member that wasn't cooperative and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was via HireVue. Once you receive the invitation you have 48 hours to complete it otherwise it will expire. They give you ample opportunities to take a practice exam before you begin the actual interview. Once you start the interview you get a 30 second prep time before the actual recording begins. Once you start recording that's it! You can not make any changes what you say or do in front of the webcam will be submitted. This was my first video recording interview and it was a smooth process less than 10 minutes. I just took the interview so I am not sure if I will get an offer or not.

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to participate in an online interview. The interview was essentially a recording of myself answering questions, to be played back by numerous department heads.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Marsh & McLennan to your friends?   Answer Question