Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in July 2014.

Interview

Invited me out to the hoboken office which was pretty cool coming from north jersey. Initially was contacted on the phone from their outside HR department which threw me off a little. Interviewed with a manager and another manager both seemed rushed and unhappy to be there due to the busy season.

Interview Questions

• Difficult tax questions about all kinds of different forms and given my experience I did not know much.   Answer Question

Senior Client Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

The hiring process can be lengthy but well worth it. I has 3 interviews, one by phone, the second one on one with the department manager and the last was with the department. I have to admit the interview with the department was very insightful as I was able to see the strong bond and relationships between the colleagues

Interview Questions

• The unexpected questions were why I was leaving a particular company who was very popular for turnover and what my commitment was to the company I was currently interviewing with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company worked with me met many of my requests. They were fair. Officer titles were kept, and salary negotiations went smoothly.

Processing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied to this position internally. From the time that I applied on their official website to the my interview was almost three months. After the interview, it was another month before they let me know that I had the position. If you are applying externally, the length of time will be about the same; however, you will also have to undergo a very basic background check.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer you the position at a certain pay; take it or leave it.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Very informal interview which puts you at ease, but be careful as it's still an interview! They schedule multiple interviews, the process takes months. You'll meet with at least 3-4 people if they decide you pass the "test'.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about everything, and expect a lot of questions in return.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

3 wks. after applying via LinkedIn, received an afternoon e-mail scheduling a next morning phone screening interview. Face-to=face interviews were to begin the following week. Position was in NY, but interviewer was in Kentucky. Standard screening questions including "what kind of salary do you need?" The interviewer said that Marsh never includes salaries in job postings. She also made a remark about the cost of living in NYC, which led me to believe that the $50k-60k salary range that I suggested was too high. In addition, she mentioned, in response to my question, that they had a very large number or candidates. This gave me the impression that were in a position to be extremely selective.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your former employer to describe an area where you need to improve, what would he or she say?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply for a position at Marsh, as opposed to other brokerages?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself someone who likes to work independently or a team player? and why?   Answer Question
    • Rate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel from 1-10. How have you used Excel in the past year? What did you do? Rate your proficiency in .... interviewer went through every item listed under computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Interview

Interview

Invited at career fair. I felt pretty good about the first round interview but wan't able to get into onsite.

Interview Questions

• What if you have a really demanding person on your team?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Video interview, On campus interview, interview at Marsh office

Interview Questions

• "Super day" set up. Met with about 4-5 different interviewers. Very conversational   Answer Question

Insurance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Sent in resume via Indeed and 3 days later, I was phone screened by their HR rep to determine if my skills and experience matched their needs. Was then scheduled for an in-office interview after a week. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

CLAIMS ADVISOR Interview

Interview

I was hired to a permanent position through an employment agency. There was no interview.

Associate Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in December 2013.

Interview

The corporate HR representative was very helpful and flexible in regards to setting up the initial HR phone interview and the proceeding interviews with the practice. Interviewed with the zone leader 1 on 1. Received an offer within a week and accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward and asked basics about how I like to work, my past experience, education, etc.   Answer Question