Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

2.8

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

I applied to this position internally. From the time that I applied on their official website to the my interview was almost three months. After the interview, it was another month before they let me know that I had the position. If you are applying externally, the length of time will be about the same; however, you will also have to undergo a very basic background check.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this position.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offer you the position at a certain pay; take it or leave it.

Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Very informal interview which puts you at ease, but be careful as it's still an interview! They schedule multiple interviews, the process takes months. You'll meet with at least 3-4 people if they decide you pass the "test'.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about everything, and expect a lot of questions in return.   Answer Question

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2014.

3 wks. after applying via LinkedIn, received an afternoon e-mail scheduling a next morning phone screening interview. Face-to=face interviews were to begin the following week. Position was in NY, but interviewer was in Kentucky. Standard screening questions including "what kind of salary do you need?" The interviewer said that Marsh never includes salaries in job postings. She also made a remark about the cost of living in NYC, which led me to believe that the $50k-60k salary range that I suggested was too high. In addition, she mentioned, in response to my question, that they had a very large number or candidates. This gave me the impression that were in a position to be extremely selective.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your former employer to describe an area where you need to improve, what would he or she say?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply for a position at Marsh, as opposed to other brokerages?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself someone who likes to work independently or a team player? and why?   Answer Question
    • Rate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel from 1-10. How have you used Excel in the past year? What did you do? Rate your proficiency in .... interviewer went through every item listed under computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Interview

Invited at career fair. I felt pretty good about the first round interview but wan't able to get into onsite.

Interview Questions
    • What if you have a really demanding person on your team?   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Video interview, On campus interview, interview at Marsh office

Interview Questions
    • "Super day" set up. Met with about 4-5 different interviewers. Very conversational   Answer Question

Insurance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Sent in resume via Indeed and 3 days later, I was phone screened by their HR rep to determine if my skills and experience matched their needs. Was then scheduled for an in-office interview after a week. Received offer 2 weeks later.

No negotiation.

CLAIMS ADVISOR Interview

I was hired to a permanent position through an employment agency. There was no interview.

Associate Risk Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in December 2013.

The corporate HR representative was very helpful and flexible in regards to setting up the initial HR phone interview and the proceeding interviews with the practice. Interviewed with the zone leader 1 on 1. Received an offer within a week and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward and asked basics about how I like to work, my past experience, education, etc.   Answer Question

Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2013.

Online assessments, then phone interview, lastly an in-person interview. I did have the option of a video interview, but asked for an an in-person interview because i had not yet unpacked and installed all of my electronic equipment and could not find my webcam at that time. No drug test, but they do perform a background check and verify your education.

Interview Questions
    • all interview questions are behavioral based and begin with: "explain about a time when....", my interview was scheduled with 2 supervisors and then i interviewed with the department manager after (same day). I was not expecting to be asked, "where else have you applied and interviewed". That was the last question the department manager asked me.   Answer Question
    the pay was advertised as non-negotiable at $12.50 per hour and since i was currently unemployed, I accepted the job offer.

Private Client Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

I was intially contacted by an outside recruiter and then an inside-Marsh Talent Coordinator. The Talent Coordinator asked basic questions to qualify my skills for the position. I then met with the local manager and team.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very conversational. We discussed the basic requirements of the position and how they fit in with my current responsibilities.   Answer Question