Marsh & McLennan Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer TRAC Interview

Summer TRAC
New York, NY

I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was basic fit and behavioral questions. Interviewer was incredibly friendly. It started with the interviewer giving me a walkthrough about what the Summer TRAC program is, and what I would be doing as an intern. No technical questions; interview was about 45 min long. Most of the time was spent with me asking her questions about the company.

Interview Question – All questions were "tell me about a time when.."   Answer Question

Commercial Lines Account Executive Interview

Commercial Lines Account Executive
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from Marsh regarding an Account Manager position that was opening up after the first of the year. I was told that to qualify for an interview I would be taking two Wonderlic tests, an insurance test and an excel test.

Interview Question – I was asked to review each of their requirements and answer how I qualified. This was done by email.   Answer Question

Advisory Specialist Interview

Advisory Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Received an email requesting time for a phone interview which was scheduled and completed within a week. Nothing difficult about the phone screen, straight forward questions about my background. A few days later I received another email requesting when I might be available for in office interview. This was agreed upon in a few days giving me a week before my scheduled meeting. My interview was scheduled from 1:00 to 2:45 with meetings with 4 different people. I was greeted upon arrival and was personally guided by same girl from meeting to meeting. I met with head of department as well as immediate team members. I was supposed to meet with the local HR Director but there was a conflict and she was not able to see me. As in the phone interview, the questions asked by all persons were pretty much straight forward. Everyone was engaging and professional. I enjoyed the visit. It was just a few days before I got a call for HR in discussing an offer.

Interview Question – The following was included my resume Executive Summary "Forward-thinking leader .......". I had my resume professionally written and those words were not mine. My interviewer as me was if meant by forward-thinking leader. I was not prepared for that one. Moral of the story is if you have professional help writing your resume, be sure you agree and can explain everything the writer includes. I fumbled on answering with a stammering about how much more productive it is than going backward....................UGH!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – because they did not offer Advisory Specialist job in Dallas siting a weekness in customer interface (I was coming from a wholesale underwritering background) but alternately thought I would be better suited for a Broker Placement role. This might have been acceptable except the position was not in Dallas but 4 1/2 hours down the highway in Houston. The job did not excite me enough to relocate (I have a 3000sf home and LOTS of stuff).

TRAC Program Associate Interview

TRAC Program Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2012.

Interview Details – My interviewer was very nice and personable, but directed very few questions to me. Most of the time I asked her about her experiences and the company. Eventually she asked me to tell her about a time where I worked on a group project in class.

Interview Question – The lack of questions was more unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Senior Marketing Specialist
Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process was very structured and corporate. 1st interview via phone, HR person. Second interview in person with HR. Third/final interview via team manager and few staff members of the team. Then a background check and call with offer.

Interview Question – Don't recall, nothing unusual. Direct questions about applicable experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Assistant Controller
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough. I spoke to and/or met with 8 different people of varying levels. HR were very diligent and efficient keeping me informed thought the process. All in all, very impressive.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively easy, they came to the table with a very good offer from the get go.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, then was contacted by an HR representative the next week. I was interviewed by the VP in the division I would be working in.

Interview Question – Examples on leadership, Past successful projects, Track Record.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in June 2008.

Interview Details – Conversational, skills and knowledge based interview style.

Interview Question – How would you respond to a client expressing their dissatisfaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. In the form of a letter with salary and laid out bonus plan.

Client Representative II Interview

Client Representative II
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then an in person interview with dept. head and 2nd in charge. After waiting about a month they called me back and wanted em to come in again to meet with one other person. Supposedly they couldn't decide between 3 candidates. Everyone was super friendly. Interview was more like a conversation than a interview. Very in formal.

Interview Question – Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was relatively straight forward. First was a screening/very preliminary phone interview with HR that acted more like a buffer to make sure you were at a minimum competent enough to answer a phone professionally and set up in-person interviews. Then, once I set up the in-person interviews I met with 3 senior members of the team and was on my way. I was then brought back 2-3 weeks later and interviewed with 2 young members to ensure there was a good personality fit. The interview was more about experience and how would handle the everyday grind of office work that often resulted in adding to sales/business retention presentations/demonstrations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered a higher salary than my current and was coming in with no relevant experience. I had no bargaining chips.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh & McLennan Companies