Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Online assessments, then phone interview, lastly an in-person interview. I did have the option of a video interview, but asked for an an in-person interview because i had not yet unpacked and installed all of my electronic equipment and could not find my webcam at that time. No drug test, but they do perform a background check and verify your education.

Interview Questions

• all interview questions are behavioral based and begin with: "explain about a time when....", my interview was scheduled with 2 supervisors and then i interviewed with the department manager after (same day). I was not expecting to be asked, "where else have you applied and interviewed". That was the last question the department manager asked me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the pay was advertised as non-negotiable at $12.50 per hour and since i was currently unemployed, I accepted the job offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

I was intially contacted by an outside recruiter and then an inside-Marsh Talent Coordinator. The Talent Coordinator asked basic questions to qualify my skills for the position. I then met with the local manager and team.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational. We discussed the basic requirements of the position and how they fit in with my current responsibilities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hoboken, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

It's pretty easy. They ask my schedule for the fall semester? A few questions about what you have done in your past jobs? Excel skill. etc..

Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Paramus, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

first a call, then an onlihe cognitive test, if you pass and in person interview with HR, then an interview with your possible Supervisor

Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

Pareto assessment day - terrible

Commercial Lines Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Marsh regarding an Account Manager position that was opening up after the first of the year. I was told that to qualify for an interview I would be taking two Wonderlic tests, an insurance test and an excel test.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to review each of their requirements and answer how I qualified. This was done by email.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied from a post that I saw online. I received an email asking to set up a phone interview. That went well, and then next I met with the Office Administrator in person and then two Client Managers. Then back to the Office Administrator.

Interview Questions

• It was more about how difficult one of the Client Managers was to work with and could I handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Summer TRAC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was basic fit and behavioral questions. Interviewer was incredibly friendly. It started with the interviewer giving me a walkthrough about what the Summer TRAC program is, and what I would be doing as an intern. No technical questions; interview was about 45 min long. Most of the time was spent with me asking her questions about the company.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

First I had an informal 30 minute phone interview with HR. The conversation mostly focused on my past experience and standard behavioral questions. One week later I received an email asking me for a final round in-person interview. The interview was formatted as a superday, and they cycled me and the other applicants through a series of interviewers from various departments. The interviews were very conversational, and again focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time you worked with an individual that negatively impacted a team.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. I spoke to and/or met with 8 different people of varying levels. HR were very diligent and efficient keeping me informed thought the process. All in all, very impressive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relatively easy, they came to the table with a very good offer from the get go.