Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Graduate Scheme Interview

Pareto assessment day - terrible

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2013.

First I had an informal 30 minute phone interview with HR. The conversation mostly focused on my past experience and standard behavioral questions. One week later I received an email asking me for a final round in-person interview. The interview was formatted as a superday, and they cycled me and the other applicants through a series of interviewers from various departments. The interviews were very conversational, and again focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time you worked with an individual that negatively impacted a team.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2013.

Very thorough. First was a one hour phone interview with HR Director which was scheduled for 20-25 minutes by admin but went a full hour. Great rapport, basically fact-finding. Then received a call two weeks later for in-person interview. Initially met with HRD again for about an hour, took Wonderlic test. Next I met with Department Head. Very direct, aggressive questions but I was able to respond cogently. After about an hour I got a brief tour of the office and was offered lunch following week with team member. Lunch went well - casual. Got more info on position. Then took Kolbe test online. Further tests from industrial psychologist who I then met with to review off-site. Finally lunch with one of the two partners and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were from the Department Head who went through my resume with a fine tooth comb.   Answer Question
    Fairly easy - they knew roughly what I was scheduled to make in 2013 and increased their offer a little in addition to nearly 4 weeks vacation and allowed me a flexible schedule as my wife just gave birth to twins 6 months ago.

Summer TRAC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2013.

Phone interview was basic fit and behavioral questions. Interviewer was incredibly friendly. It started with the interviewer giving me a walkthrough about what the Summer TRAC program is, and what I would be doing as an intern. No technical questions; interview was about 45 min long. Most of the time was spent with me asking her questions about the company.

Commercial Lines Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was contacted by a recruiter from Marsh regarding an Account Manager position that was opening up after the first of the year. I was told that to qualify for an interview I would be taking two Wonderlic tests, an insurance test and an excel test.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to review each of their requirements and answer how I qualified. This was done by email.   Answer Question

Advisory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2013.

Submitted application online. Received an email requesting time for a phone interview which was scheduled and completed within a week. Nothing difficult about the phone screen, straight forward questions about my background. A few days later I received another email requesting when I might be available for in office interview. This was agreed upon in a few days giving me a week before my scheduled meeting. My interview was scheduled from 1:00 to 2:45 with meetings with 4 different people. I was greeted upon arrival and was personally guided by same girl from meeting to meeting. I met with head of department as well as immediate team members. I was supposed to meet with the local HR Director but there was a conflict and she was not able to see me. As in the phone interview, the questions asked by all persons were pretty much straight forward. Everyone was engaging and professional. I enjoyed the visit. It was just a few days before I got a call for HR in discussing an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The following was included my resume Executive Summary "Forward-thinking leader .......". I had my resume professionally written and those words were not mine. My interviewer as me was if meant by forward-thinking leader. I was not prepared for that one. Moral of the story is if you have professional help writing your resume, be sure you agree and can explain everything the writer includes. I fumbled on answering with a stammering about how much more productive it is than going backward....................UGH!   Answer Question

because they did not offer Advisory Specialist job in Dallas siting a weekness in customer interface (I was coming from a wholesale underwritering background) but alternately thought I would be better suited for a Broker Placement role. This might have been acceptable except the position was not in Dallas but 4 1/2 hours down the highway in Houston. The job did not excite me enough to relocate (I have a 3000sf home and LOTS of stuff).

TRAC Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2012.

My interviewer was very nice and personable, but directed very few questions to me. Most of the time I asked her about her experiences and the company. Eventually she asked me to tell her about a time where I worked on a group project in class.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in May 2011.

The process was very structured and corporate. 1st interview via phone, HR person. Second interview in person with HR. Third/final interview via team manager and few staff members of the team. Then a background check and call with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall, nothing unusual. Direct questions about applicable experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview process was very thorough. I spoke to and/or met with 8 different people of varying levels. HR were very diligent and efficient keeping me informed thought the process. All in all, very impressive.

Interview Questions
    Relatively easy, they came to the table with a very good offer from the get go.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2012.

Applied online, then was contacted by an HR representative the next week. I was interviewed by the VP in the division I would be working in.

Interview Questions
    • Examples on leadership, Past successful projects, Track Record.   Answer Question