Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Very thorough. First was a one hour phone interview with HR Director which was scheduled for 20-25 minutes by admin but went a full hour. Great rapport, basically fact-finding. Then received a call two weeks later for in-person interview. Initially met with HRD again for about an hour, took Wonderlic test. Next I met with Department Head. Very direct, aggressive questions but I was able to respond cogently. After about an hour I got a brief tour of the office and was offered lunch following week with team member. Lunch went well - casual. Got more info on position. Then took Kolbe test online. Further tests from industrial psychologist who I then met with to review off-site. Finally lunch with one of the two partners and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were from the Department Head who went through my resume with a fine tooth comb.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly easy - they knew roughly what I was scheduled to make in 2013 and increased their offer a little in addition to nearly 4 weeks vacation and allowed me a flexible schedule as my wife just gave birth to twins 6 months ago.

Advisory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received an email requesting time for a phone interview which was scheduled and completed within a week. Nothing difficult about the phone screen, straight forward questions about my background. A few days later I received another email requesting when I might be available for in office interview. This was agreed upon in a few days giving me a week before my scheduled meeting. My interview was scheduled from 1:00 to 2:45 with meetings with 4 different people. I was greeted upon arrival and was personally guided by same girl from meeting to meeting. I met with head of department as well as immediate team members. I was supposed to meet with the local HR Director but there was a conflict and she was not able to see me. As in the phone interview, the questions asked by all persons were pretty much straight forward. Everyone was engaging and professional. I enjoyed the visit. It was just a few days before I got a call for HR in discussing an offer.

Interview Questions

• The following was included my resume Executive Summary "Forward-thinking leader .......". I had my resume professionally written and those words were not mine. My interviewer as me was if meant by forward-thinking leader. I was not prepared for that one. Moral of the story is if you have professional help writing your resume, be sure you agree and can explain everything the writer includes. I fumbled on answering with a stammering about how much more productive it is than going backward....................UGH!   Answer Question

because they did not offer Advisory Specialist job in Dallas siting a weekness in customer interface (I was coming from a wholesale underwritering background) but alternately thought I would be better suited for a Broker Placement role. This might have been acceptable except the position was not in Dallas but 4 1/2 hours down the highway in Houston. The job did not excite me enough to relocate (I have a 3000sf home and LOTS of stuff).

TRAC Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

My interviewer was very nice and personable, but directed very few questions to me. Most of the time I asked her about her experiences and the company. Eventually she asked me to tell her about a time where I worked on a group project in class.

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews with numerous collegues. My first interview I met with 8 different people in small groups (2 at a time). Based on my prior industry experience (12+ years) most of the questions were about getting to know me. I was invited back for a second interview with upper management level collegues. Similar to the first interview session as I met them in small groups and was mostly asked about my working style, challenges I've faced in the work environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest challenge you faced in your prior job. How did you address and find resolution to the challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is through a 3rd party that Marsh uses for hiring and backround checks. The process was easy as they agreed to the terms I asked for. Conduct a backround check.

Client Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview, then an in person interview with dept. head and 2nd in charge. After waiting about a month they called me back and wanted em to come in again to meet with one other person. Supposedly they couldn't decide between 3 candidates. Everyone was super friendly. Interview was more like a conversation than a interview. Very in formal.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar, Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar, Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar, Online skills testing focuses on English and grammar

Interview Questions

• Can't think of any difficult questions that I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, then was contacted by an HR representative the next week. I was interviewed by the VP in the division I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Examples on leadership, Past successful projects, Track Record.   Answer Question

Senior Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Johnstown, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled with a recruiter in another state. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and was very pleasant. The recruiter went over my job history and responsibilities. Then, a brief overview of the local office, position responsibilites and next steps. The recruiter called about five days later and advised they were cutting the interview process short as they had identified another very strong candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from HR. Initial phone interview was basic walk through of resume and then provided information of the position. I was then invited in for a group interview. Very friendly atmosphere. A few weeks later I had another interview with manager, big difference from the first interviews. She was rude and did not seem to know what was going on. Everything she said contradicted previous interviews in regards to the position and where they were in the hiring process. After the call I never heard anything which, judging by the impression I got from the hiring manager, was a blessing.

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The first interview was very generally, practically a meet and greet. The second interview was more of meeting with the related team members (including the department head) the see how I would mesh with the related department and business related matters. It was stated that a call would be coming within a two weeks. Depending on each department and the complexity of the work involved, I would imagine that the interview process will vary.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable providing presentations to an audience both being prepared and on the spot?   1 Answer