Marsh & McLennan Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was relatively straight forward. First was a screening/very preliminary phone interview with HR that acted more like a buffer to make sure you were at a minimum competent enough to answer a phone professionally and set up in-person interviews. Then, once I set up the in-person interviews I met with 3 senior members of the team and was on my way. I was then brought back 2-3 weeks later and interviewed with 2 young members to ensure there was a good personality fit. The interview was more about experience and how would handle the everyday grind of office work that often resulted in adding to sales/business retention presentations/demonstrations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered a higher salary than my current and was coming in with no relevant experience. I had no bargaining chips.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Service Desk Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was far from technical, but I had a resume full of certifications. My interview was the standard, "give me an example of how you handle a disagreement with a supervisor?" type questions.

Since then I belive they have added a small technical test, seeing how you manage finding problems with a pc that has been purposely misconfigured.

Interview Question – Standard questions, about describing how you would approach situations. "describe a time when you worked on a project you were unfamiliar with?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money than they offered, they said they would need to think about it, and they accepted.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Hoboken, NJ

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from HR. Initial phone interview was basic walk through of resume and then provided information of the position. I was then invited in for a group interview. Very friendly atmosphere. A few weeks later I had another interview with manager, big difference from the first interviews. She was rude and did not seem to know what was going on. Everything she said contradicted previous interviews in regards to the position and where they were in the hiring process. After the call I never heard anything which, judging by the impression I got from the hiring manager, was a blessing.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Client Services Representative Interview

Senior Client Services Representative
Johnstown, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview was scheduled with a recruiter in another state. The recruiter called at the scheduled time and was very pleasant. The recruiter went over my job history and responsibilities. Then, a brief overview of the local office, position responsibilites and next steps. The recruiter called about five days later and advised they were cutting the interview process short as they had identified another very strong candidate.

Interview Question – All the questions were very easy.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2010.

Interview Details – In total the interview process took about 45 days.

Interview Question – On Campus interview that I could not make and was therefor offered a phone interview. Fairly straightforward and simple, situation questions based on your resume (team work, deal with conflict, etc). Went through a round of 4 1:1 interviews. The interview atmosphere was relaxed and conversational (tell me about yourself, what do you do in your spare time, etc).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little leverage, fairly firm with their offer.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in May 2011.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself

Interview Question – I'm a prospect- Sell me insurance!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a small increase in the base- Just need to let them know what you are looking for to seal the deal!

Insurance Broker Interview

Insurance Broker
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was very generally, practically a meet and greet. The second interview was more of meeting with the related team members (including the department head) the see how I would mesh with the related department and business related matters. It was stated that a call would be coming within a two weeks. Depending on each department and the complexity of the work involved, I would imagine that the interview process will vary.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable providing presentations to an audience both being prepared and on the spot?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

Internship
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very basic with 2 associates. They explain the company, culture, and responsbilities of the intern. The interview was very relaxed and personality based. They were no skill tests involved and they did not expect me to have an understanding of real estate concepts.

Interview Question – Why commercial Real Estate?   Answer Question

Licensing Coordinator Interview

Licensing Coordinator
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in February 2010.

Interview Details – You sit outside the office with other interviewees in a job fair like setting. One by one they will call you back and you will take different computer tests. A typing test, grammar test, and analytical skills test. Once you've scored high enough they will take you back and you will have an interview with the manager of the department you're applying to. After that, they have you meet with the Manager/Director of the office location. If he gives his approval then you will receive an email saying you're being considered pending a fairly lengthy background check.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Be prepared to work for 12/hr in this department.

Client Sales Interview

Client Sales
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in August 2009.

Interview Details – First phone interview was brief and basic, second interview was on-sight with department manager and assistant vice president of office, third was also on sight and was a follow up with a personality assessment.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult situation with a client?   Answer Question