Marshall University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marshall University

Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marshall University.

Interview

I had graduate from the department where I interviewed. I taught a class that was attended by most of the current professors. I then interviewed with all the staff members individually and/or in small groups. I was interviewed in October, but didn't get an offer until right before Christmas break for the university. I was supposed to start at the beginning of January for the Spring semester. In the offer letter, I was given a limited number of days to respond, all of which the Dean's office was closed. The chair of the department assured me that I would be able to start on time, but it was a very frustrating time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were in line with what would be expected for this type of interview.   Answer Question

Front Desk Assistant Interview

Interview

Temporary employee so did a 1/2 day trial.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy process. I sent my application and I was called the day after for an in-person interview. The process was very easy and the interview was actually more a conversation than an actual and formal interview.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marshall University (Huntington, WV) in November 2012.

Interview

Easy application. Segmented Interview process. You're put into a room with other applicants and split into groups. You will have a Large group interview, small group, and individual. Large group is problem solving, small group is more problem solving, and individual is like a traditional interview. You are asked questions about your experience, reactions to certain issues, and gauged on your energy and commitments.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?
      What is leadership to you?
      What would you consider your major weakness?

1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Interview

There really was no hiring process for myself. I was contacted and asked to teach a course per semester in my field.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a different pay per course depending on your level of education. No real negotiation beyond this point.