Marshall University

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marshall University

Professor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marshall University.

I had graduate from the department where I interviewed. I taught a class that was attended by most of the current professors. I then interviewed with all the staff members individually and/or in small groups. I was interviewed in October, but didn't get an offer until right before Christmas break for the university. I was supposed to start at the beginning of January for the Spring semester. In the offer letter, I was given a limited number of days to respond, all of which the Dean's office was closed. The chair of the department assured me that I would be able to start on time, but it was a very frustrating time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were in line with what would be expected for this type of interview.   Answer Question

Front Desk Assistant Interview

Temporary employee so did a 1/2 day trial.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshall University in May 2013.

Very easy process. I sent my application and I was called the day after for an in-person interview. The process was very easy and the interview was actually more a conversation than an actual and formal interview.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marshall University in November 2012.

Easy application. Segmented Interview process. You're put into a room with other applicants and split into groups. You will have a Large group interview, small group, and individual. Large group is problem solving, small group is more problem solving, and individual is like a traditional interview. You are asked questions about your experience, reactions to certain issues, and gauged on your energy and commitments.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you?
      What is leadership to you?
      What would you consider your major weakness?

View Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

There really was no hiring process for myself. I was contacted and asked to teach a course per semester in my field.

Interview Questions
    There is a different pay per course depending on your level of education. No real negotiation beyond this point.