Marshall Wace North America

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marshall Wace North America

Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshall Wace North America in January 2009.

Had a full day of meeting people. Mostly soft questions about my education and prior experience. Very friendly office. The beginning of the day comprised of them showing me the office and explaining the firm culture. I was then given a few scenarios and asked to describe how I would tackle certain problems. I had a IQ-like test to complete and several afternoon interviews with various people. This day was followed up with two, more casual phone interviews in which I talked to senior management - they asked me general questions about my background, and were curious to hear detailed info on where I saw my career going. Over all a very interesting firm, I'd recommend looking at them.

Interview Questions
    • Two ropes that take 30 minutes each to burn, but which burn at irregular rates. Using as many matches as necessary, how do you time 45 minutes?   View Answer

Had a better offer from another firm.

Applications Support Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshall Wace North America in February 2008.

The interview process was very straight forward, both interviews I attented only involved answering very simple questions you'd expect in an interview, no sense of feeling grilled.

Interview Questions