Marshall Wace North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quant Interview

Quant
Greenwich, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Marshall Wace North America in January 2009.

Interview Details – Had a full day of meeting people. Mostly soft questions about my education and prior experience. Very friendly office. The beginning of the day comprised of them showing me the office and explaining the firm culture. I was then given a few scenarios and asked to describe how I would tackle certain problems. I had a IQ-like test to complete and several afternoon interviews with various people. This day was followed up with two, more casual phone interviews in which I talked to senior management - they asked me general questions about my background, and were curious to hear detailed info on where I saw my career going. Over all a very interesting firm, I'd recommend looking at them.

Interview Question – Two ropes that take 30 minutes each to burn, but which burn at irregular rates. Using as many matches as necessary, how do you time 45 minutes?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer from another firm.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Applications Support Manager Interview

Applications Support Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshall Wace North America in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, both interviews I attented only involved answering very simple questions you'd expect in an interview, no sense of feeling grilled.

Interview Question – How do you set up an application support team?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Marshall Wace North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marshall Wace North America interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Marshall Wace North America employees and interview candidates.