Marshall & Ilsley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Banker Interview

Sales Banker
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in December 2009.

Interview Details – M&I has a rigorous interview process that is extremely time consuming. First, HR will screen you by phone and schedule a one-on-one interview should you meet their criteria. The first interview was very relaxed consisting of questions ranging from work experience to additional skills you possess. Towards the end of the interview, the schedule and detailed description of the position are fully disclosed. HR will ask you if you are able to meet the schedule requirements and if the job is still of interest. Should the interview go smoothly, HR will say that you may proceed to phase two of the interview process and arrange a second interview. On phase two, you will not only interview with the same HR representative, but with another HR member that will ask the tough interview questions which will weed out unqualified candidates. Have your A game ready for phase two. Once phase two is complete, HR will make you wait in the lobby while they deliberate the outcome. If the interview was success, then you are sent to phase three, the final and most nerve-racking stage. Phase three consist of a panel interview with three supervisors and the department manager. Many of the same questions asked in phase one and two will be repeated. The only new questions will be those closely related to the actual job. Be prepared to sell a stapler or a cell phone to the entire panel. Ask the panel questions to show interest in the position. During the middle of the interview they will send you to the actual office to observe potential co-workers performing the job you applied for. After the observation period which last about 20 min, the interview will resume with questions about your experience. Then the department manager will ask you how much interest and enthusiasm you have for the job as well as what you know about the company and what you think you can bring to the table. Phase three last a total of two hours! If the interview went well, the very first HR representative that interviewed you will call to present you with a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• What elements of our business need improvement based on your knowledge of the company?   View Answer
  • If I were to tell you that I didn't like the way this interview was going how would you react?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The terms are fixed. In this economy I would not even attempt to negotiate as it will ruin your chances of employment

Operations Interview

Operations
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter and asked why I applied for so many different jobs at M&I and I told them because I read about them on their website and thought I would fit well in the M&I Culture. I then set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview went well and I was asked to come to a group interview. I did well at that, connected well with both of the managers, and sent both a thank you card. About 4 days later I was given an offer and accepted, on the condition that I pass the background test and drug test. I started training 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary, but I did tell them I needed a month off for a vacation I had been planning for years.

Call Center Personal Banker Interview

Call Center Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in January 2009.

Interview Details – They call you and ask a bunch of basic questions, then you get called into do a 1 on 1 interview. Then you get an offer over the phone within the week.

Interview Question – What was a difficult call you had to take.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is none. Take their offer or walk. As is the attitude of the company, do things our way or don't work for us. Very arrogant and self righteous.

Worked for Marshall & Ilsley? Contribute to the Community!