Marshall & Ilsley

www.micorp.com

Marshall & Ilsley Interview Questions

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in April 2010.

I applied for the entry position online, and got a call the next day. The lady told me she wanted to have a phone interview with me the following week. After the call, I got an e-mail from her confirming the phone interview. The e-mail also contained a more detailed description of the position. Study This!

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to meet high standards on a constant basis,   Answer Question
    • what type of work environment do you prefer and why   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in January 2010.

realy slow I think that human resources dept needs new people with more acurate job skills and knowadge

Interview Questions

salary grade and compensation not up to expectationsIHECLN

Sales Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in December 2009.

M&I has a rigorous interview process that is extremely time consuming. First, HR will screen you by phone and schedule a one-on-one interview should you meet their criteria. The first interview was very relaxed consisting of questions ranging from work experience to additional skills you possess. Towards the end of the interview, the schedule and detailed description of the position are fully disclosed. HR will ask you if you are able to meet the schedule requirements and if the job is still of interest. Should the interview go smoothly, HR will say that you may proceed to phase two of the interview process and arrange a second interview. On phase two, you will not only interview with the same HR representative, but with another HR member that will ask the tough interview questions which will weed out unqualified candidates. Have your A game ready for phase two. Once phase two is complete, HR will make you wait in the lobby while they deliberate the outcome. If the interview was success, then you are sent to phase three, the final and most nerve-racking stage. Phase three consist of a panel interview with three supervisors and the department manager. Many of the same questions asked in phase one and two will be repeated. The only new questions will be those closely related to the actual job. Be prepared to sell a stapler or a cell phone to the entire panel. Ask the panel questions to show interest in the position. During the middle of the interview they will send you to the actual office to observe potential co-workers performing the job you applied for. After the observation period which last about 20 min, the interview will resume with questions about your experience. Then the department manager will ask you how much interest and enthusiasm you have for the job as well as what you know about the company and what you think you can bring to the table. Phase three last a total of two hours! If the interview went well, the very first HR representative that interviewed you will call to present you with a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • What elements of our business need improvement based on your knowledge of the company?   View Answer
    • If I were to tell you that I didn't like the way this interview was going how would you react?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. The terms are fixed. In this economy I would not even attempt to negotiate as it will ruin your chances of employment

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in June 2009.

It was a very easy hiring process. I applied online and then received a phone call from their HR specialist to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview in two days and following that I received a phone call from the hiring manager at the actual branch. I went for the interview in a few days and interviewed with the branch manager and the teller supervisor. Both were very nice. I received an offer for the job the next day.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in March 2008.

I was called by a recruiter and asked why I applied for so many different jobs at M&I and I told them because I read about them on their website and thought I would fit well in the M&I Culture. I then set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview went well and I was asked to come to a group interview. I did well at that, connected well with both of the managers, and sent both a thank you card. About 4 days later I was given an offer and accepted, on the condition that I pass the background test and drug test. I started training 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate salary, but I did tell them I needed a month off for a vacation I had been planning for years.

Database Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in February 2008.

I had a phone interview first and then an in person interview. They asked situational questions.

Credit Analyst I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in October 2009.

It was really easy. It was low stres, strait forward questions about employment history and then questions if I thought I could handle the job after they described the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is 65X23 in the middle of describing what I used to do at a previous job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations took place. They asked what salary I wanted, the range was really tight, and they offered the job.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in April 2009.

Began with a phone interview with HR administrator... Moved on to face to face interview with district manager... Final interview face to face with Group Banking President... Drug test was required prior to official offer...

Interview Questions
    Were not willing to negotiate

Call Center Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in January 2009.

They call you and ask a bunch of basic questions, then you get called into do a 1 on 1 interview. Then you get an offer over the phone within the week.

Interview Questions
    there is none. Take their offer or walk. As is the attitude of the company, do things our way or don't work for us. Very arrogant and self righteous.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshall & Ilsley in August 2008.

Phone interview, hr interview, branch interview, upper management interview

Interview Questions
    • how long does it take for you to become comfortable with the product you are selling before you can sell effectively   Answer Question