Marshall and Stevens Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Valuation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marshall and Stevens.

Interview

I had a pretty positive interview experience for the New York Office. (The company is head quartered in LA but has branches in Chicago, NY, and Tampa). I interviewed with two directors and it was mainly about my background and personality type questions. A week after this interview I came back and met the head of the NY office and 1 more director.

Interview Questions

• "I want you to WOW me"   1 Answer
    • What have you done with finance?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marshall and Stevens.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager a couple of times and was excited for an interview. They human resource manager was approachable and informative. The company located in a great location and their employees seem friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• They stressed the importance of being highly detail oriented and organized.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshall and Stevens (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke to 4 directors and the managing director. There were literally no technical questions. The interview was very casual interview. I just was ushered from office to office until I had met the whole 10 person staff. Then I went back to the original office, chatted a bit, then left.

Interview Questions

• Questions were much more geared toward personal areas, rather than professional. I was told by the MD that he was more interested in a person's personality than anything else.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was completely non-negotiable. I was completely stonewalled.

Valuation Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshall and Stevens (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Referred by my professor, had 5 interviews - basically one on one with the entire valuation team. People are extremely nice so it wasn't stressful like superday of banks. Very basic questions, but very technical since they were looking for people who can do the job. One of the employees also asked me to recommend a stock, and trading methods.

Interview Questions

• What are the three valuation methods.   1 Answer
    • What is enterprise value, how is it different from equity value and total invested capital.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshall and Stevens in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was easy and fun and not at all difficult and the people were great and supportive and understanding and not at all hard on me with the questions they asked. They basically wanted to make sure I new what I was ding and that I would represent the company properly

Analyst Real Estate Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marshall and Stevens in January 2009.

Interview

Contacted by senior executive to discuss resume. Discussed background and career progression.
    During in office interview met with director and senior manager. Personality interview portion as well as skills test. Examples included how many ways to determine capitalization rates etc.

Interview Questions

• How many ways can you determine cap rates?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshall and Stevens in August 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with the company in a group setting. Was very informal and a friendly discussion regarding my the position.