Marshalls Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marshalls.

Had a over the phone interview, interview with the store manager, final with the district manager. After the interview with district manager I thought I had the job. I had to email the HR office 16 days later just find out they moved on to other candidates. Very very unprofessional.

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

I applied through my school job website. I got a phone interview 1 week later. The interview would ask me about 5 to 8 question regarding the jobs and about me. She was very interest about me and wanted to schedule a face to face interview, but then she wanted someone that graduated from college. I didnt get another interview due to that, but then i got a thank you letter from the interviewer for being interested about the company

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about Marshalls?
      How do you handle a difficult customer or person?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in December 2010.

Was Called for the interview by the store manager, met with him and the district manager. A couple days later I had a phone interview with a regional manager for P&L. I received an offer the following sunday. both managers seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in what i had to say. We spoke of my past experiences and how that would fit into the existing position. From what I was told in the interview the company seemed to be a great place to be, (this was expressed in both interviews). I was most nervous about my lack of management experience so I was very surprised and excited to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most embarassing thing about yourself?   View Answer
    For my level of experience I thought my offer was more than generous, I accepted and didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in June 2010.

I was interviewed twice before i got an offer. I had to interview with one district manager and then another. One manager was more about the workplace questions and how you would handle position. The second DM was to get to know you and see if you know your business.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know your P&L statement from your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2010.

Just described about my achievments and what position I would best fit into, however hiring manager was on vacation and can't hear back from him till he gets back. Kind of bummed it didn't have a better outcome I'm ready to work now!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2008.

Typical retail interview by the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake you have made at a prior job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

2 interviews. One with a Store Manager, and the second with the DM

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

applied online thru TJX and was called by a store manager within a week. Had interview with same store manager 3 days later. Very informal, but professional interview. Comfortable and informative. Explained exactly how store operated and what the mission was of the company. Received interview with District Manager 3 days later. Met with DM and another SM at same interview. Was not like your typical interview which are usually based on the "Tell me about a time" questions from a script. Questions were about experience and what direction the company was going in. Customer service questions and operational questions alike. Felt that the DM was very receptive and honest and didnt sugar coat anything. I found the process very smooth, professional and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Why did u just decide to choose Marshalls now?   View Answer
    Was asked what salary i was interested in. Was told that the experience would measure the rate. When offer was made, it was higher than what I expected.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in October 2010.

It was quick and to the point.

Very easy; not much to negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

Interviews depend on who is interviewing you, My previous DM was fantastic and I immediately knew I wanted to work for him. He allowed me to talk about my experince and accomplishments and then he decided I sound more like a store manager. I interviewed with the higher ups and was offered a position a week later; in which I gladly accepted.