Marshalls Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Had a over the phone interview, interview with the store manager, final with the district manager. After the interview with district manager I thought I had the job. I had to email the HR office 16 days later just find out they moved on to other candidates. Very very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I applied through my school job website. I got a phone interview 1 week later. The interview would ask me about 5 to 8 question regarding the jobs and about me. She was very interest about me and wanted to schedule a face to face interview, but then she wanted someone that graduated from college. I didnt get another interview due to that, but then i got a thank you letter from the interviewer for being interested about the company

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Marshalls? How do you handle a difficult customer or person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Portland, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Was Called for the interview by the store manager, met with him and the district manager. A couple days later I had a phone interview with a regional manager for P&L. I received an offer the following sunday. both managers seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in what i had to say. We spoke of my past experiences and how that would fit into the existing position. From what I was told in the interview the company seemed to be a great place to be, (this was expressed in both interviews). I was most nervous about my lack of management experience so I was very surprised and excited to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarassing thing about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For my level of experience I thought my offer was more than generous, I accepted and didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed twice before i got an offer. I had to interview with one district manager and then another. One manager was more about the workplace questions and how you would handle position. The second DM was to get to know you and see if you know your business.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your P&L statement from your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Bonney Lake, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Just described about my achievments and what position I would best fit into, however hiring manager was on vacation and can't hear back from him till he gets back. Kind of bummed it didn't have a better outcome I'm ready to work now!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Mechanicsburg, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

very laid back, started with interview with a store manager then passed on to district manager. After the interview I did have to wait two weeks to hear back as the DM went on vacation. I did know a few other managers that worked for the company so I called them and had them follow up for me about the job.

Interview Questions

• basic stuff, what would you do in different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

gave me what i wanted to start

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Miami, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

Typical retail interview by the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you have made at a prior job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

2 interviews. One with a Store Manager, and the second with the DM

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

applied online thru TJX and was called by a store manager within a week. Had interview with same store manager 3 days later. Very informal, but professional interview. Comfortable and informative. Explained exactly how store operated and what the mission was of the company. Received interview with District Manager 3 days later. Met with DM and another SM at same interview. Was not like your typical interview which are usually based on the "Tell me about a time" questions from a script. Questions were about experience and what direction the company was going in. Customer service questions and operational questions alike. Felt that the DM was very receptive and honest and didnt sugar coat anything. I found the process very smooth, professional and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Why did u just decide to choose Marshalls now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was asked what salary i was interested in. Was told that the experience would measure the rate. When offer was made, it was higher than what I expected.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marshalls in October 2010.

Interview

It was quick and to the point.

Negotiation

Very easy; not much to negotiate.