Marshalls Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marshalls (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very real. I gave an overall summary of what my vision is for myself and the company I work for. The interviewer told me what the company stands for and what they desire in a potential employee.

Interview Questions

• What I thought the most important part of being successful in retail is   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews - all of which were the most intermediete interviews I have ever been on. They all asked basic questions; "How do you organize your day" , "How do you hold others accountable" , "Define 'Culture'" ... I walked out of all 4 interviews knowing I aced them because I didn't even have to think about my answers! I think McDonalds would have challenged me more! My perception of the staff was positive, I felt like they were good people... but I also felt like my background with other retailers had put me decades ahead of them. I feel like Marshall's is stuck in the 1990s, lack of technology, poor Customer Service training, etc. Very workload based.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult - like I said, McDonalds would have challenged me more!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Syracuse, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Standard interview with District Manager

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked if they could do any better and they came back with more $$$