Marshalls

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

Interview Details – The manager that hired me at Marshalls called me back within two business days after I checked on my status of the application. I had previous retail experience before which helped the hiring process move quickly.

Interview Question – What makes you a qualifying candidate for this position that you're applying for>   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2009.

Interview Details – After applying online and waiting a week, I called and checked on the status of the application. After doing so again every few days they finally called me in for a one to one interview. Not until I was hired did I realize why they took so long. The managers are either incompetent or hired incompetent employees so they had to pick up all their slack. This left little time to conduct human resources operations. The interview was pretty standard retail questions on problem solving and customer relations. I received a phone call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to solve a problem?   View Answer
  • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for a position at Marshalls, and on the application, I put "any". I was interviewed by the store manager. He asked questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What can you bring to this company?" "Why are you interested in this company?" There was one interview and I got the job on the spot. I went into details mostly about school and I ended up keeping this job for a year.

Interview Questions

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. The first was with an assistant manager, the second was with a store manager. The first interview was going over the resume and schedule. The second was basic interview questions. I got a call within a week and was notified of my work schedule.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We didn't negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2010.

Interview Details – Looking to re-enter the job market after raising my children, I applied to work at a favorite local retail store, Marshalls. I was quickly called in for an interview, and offered a minimum wage, part-time job. I was told there are never any full-time positions available, no benefits, and no opportunity for growth. I turned down the job. I'm very disappointed in my (former) favorite store's business strategy toward employees.

Interview Question – Are you willing to accept a minimum-wage, part-time job?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage with no opportunity or encouragement for growth? It's shameful that an American business would have this attitude toward employees.

Very Easy Interview

Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2011.

Interview Details – i knew somebody and they juiced me in

Interview Question – Why would you work for such low pay   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.. only advise. .dont work there unless you need to

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!