Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.9

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Merchandise coordinator, assistant store manager, and store manager. I got a call about 2 days after applying on line. My first interview was on Sunday my 2and 3rd interviews were next day. It all went very quick. Everyone was very nice. It was a casual interview...real easy .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshalls. Tell me something about yourself. And what is your strengths and weaknesses? Basic questions.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Rushed, but easy. Bother interviews were done on the same day. There seemed to have been a bit of confusion as to what position I was being hired for. One manager told me A, and the other told me B. They do not actually give you a rate of pay until you show up for orientation.

Open Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marshalls (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I came in and waited for the manager to come, she was very nice and friendly and anxious to meet me. I came literally at 3 o'clock on the dot. I turned in my application inside the store and they call me the same day to set up an interview

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Montebello, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled up application online at snagajob then 2 days later got an interviewed. He told me to be there earlier so i can fill up an application. I have to put 3 references. Then the interview starts when i'm done with application. Very casual i feel relax.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for the next day. I work black slacks and a colorful blouse. I was asked a couple questions then I was hired on spot. The questions were -Why would I be a good candidate to work for marshalls.? -What does customer service mean to me.? -Do I have reliable transportation.? -Have I ever worked retail before and if so what were my job duties.? -Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.? That was about it.

Interview Questions

• Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Burlington, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Several steps to the process. I had a few phone interviews with the D.M. I was then set up on an interview with a panel. I was asked many qualifying questions. The interview lasted over 2 hours. I had to wait a week or so before a final interview was scheduled in which an offer was made.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through snag-a-job and was called 6 days later to schedule an interview. During the phone call the manager on duty said to show up a little early and fill out an in store application (if I hadn't already). Interview was 4 days after initial phone call. Day of the interview I met with two supervisors who asked basic questions. I was then asked a few personal questions about my current availability. Given details about different positions being held and what specific job duties were. Interview ended with the two supervisors and was asked to stay for a second interview with the store manager. Interview with store manager was a little more personal. She asked where I previously worked and what my job duties were, why I didn't work there anymore, and if references listed have good contact numbers. Two out of the three references needed to come back "good" to be considered for employment. Interview ended with store manager saying she'll be in contact with me. I received a call the day after my interview saying they would like hire me and orientation is on the 1st at 8am.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Marshall's, and why have you chosen to work for Marshall's?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What do you like most about your (current) job and what do you dislike the most about your (current) job?   Answer Question
    • If given 5 tasks of equal importance needed to be completed in one hour, how would you handle the tasks?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

Applied in store got an interview two days later, really easy and laid back. Had two interviews, second one didn't ask many questions. Were all questions from a piece of paper and wrote down the answers.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was inviting, easygoing, and really gave me a feel for the work environment. I dropped off my application and followed up five days later for an interview. The assistant manager interviewed me and she asked me mostly situational questions which were tricky, but she told me I did very well. Got a call back the next day and went in for my second interview with the manager. She didn't even ask me questions, just talked to me about my life and the Marshalls community. She told me about training and the wage increase and she was super nice. I'm going next week for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell me a little bit about you. 2) what was your favorite thing about your previous job? 3) what is customer service to you? 4) name a time you had to do several things at once. 5) name a time you were faces with a difficult situation and how you solved it. 7) why do you want to work at Marshalls?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (Pompano Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about 1 or two weeks. I was interviewed twice in the same day, and the interviews were no longer that 10 minutes. The second manager was not as straight forward as the first manager interviewing me, He seemed more interested in me as a person and how I would fit in the environment rather my past accomplishments as my first interviewer.