Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

It was very simple, I applied on snagajob (which is the number one spot to apply for jobs in my opinion) got called a week later for the interview and then got a call back 3 days later asking if I can attend an orientation.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in March 2015.

I was called for an interview at Marshalls Bolingbrook, IL, I came in 30 mins early of my scheduled time. just 15 mins before 2 pm I looked for the Store mngr. I was asked about my previous job experience mostly about customer service experience and retail job. The job they have available is customer service , Part time 10-20 hrs/ week.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is a team player?
      2. Name a situation where you had a upset customer and how did you handle it?

View Answer

Store Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in March 2015.

Went in on a wenesday to get a job application filled it out and gave it to the manager on duty i called back the next morning to follow up on the application and she asked for my name she asked about my availability for the weekends and if it would be a problem for me to work every weekend and i said no and she scheduled an interview for Saturday

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2015.

Fairly easy interview but when I went in to interview they did not even know who was supposed to interview me. I waited for around 10 minutes until I was finally called back for a interview which took 5 minutes and then told I would hear back. They called me a few days later and when I called back no one knew who called me.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

name a time you faced a major obstacle
    tell me about your self
    what your weakness
    whats your strengths
    how can you help better this company
    who are you inside
    how was your day
    it was easy trust great fashion nice interview i was laughing with her

Sales Associate Interview

Said that my flexibility was great and would call back later in the week, never heard from the manager again. Very odd since I thought I'd at least get an interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

It was easy basic interview questions. It was 2 interviews both 1 on 1 before they hire. It took like 2 weeks to get a phone call after i applied and then like another 2 weeks with the interviews. It kinda was a long process.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2015.

Applied in store then it took about 2 weeks for a call back after that it was a one one one interview ... Simple basic questions. Then had to do background test and drug test after that they said they would call back

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

When I first came in I called for the manager and was then lead to the side at the back of the store where the manager's offices were at. I sat there with other 1 other person in a white room waiting for the manager to come in. She left and came back with 2 people asking them to take a seat. She asked questions like if we were eligible to work there, etc. Not to many questions really. She then proceeded to hand all of us job applications and to fill them out as honestly as we can. After we were done filling them out, she thanked us and said she will see us on Monday.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

Phone interview. Asked questions such as how would you handle a difficult customer and what do you think is great customer service? Hiried before the end of the call.

No negotiation.