Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

1.9

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Merchandise coordinator, assistant store manager, and store manager. I got a call about 2 days after applying on line. My first interview was on Sunday my 2and 3rd interviews were next day. It all went very quick. Everyone was very nice. It was a casual interview...real easy .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshalls. Tell me something about yourself. And what is your strengths and weaknesses? Basic questions.   3 Answers

Cashier Interview

Interview

Rushed, but easy. Bother interviews were done on the same day. There seemed to have been a bit of confusion as to what position I was being hired for. One manager told me A, and the other told me B. They do not actually give you a rate of pay until you show up for orientation.

Open Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I came in and waited for the manager to come, she was very nice and friendly and anxious to meet me. I came literally at 3 o'clock on the dot. I turned in my application inside the store and they call me the same day to set up an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The Marshalls I applied for was one of the largest locations in America. The manager interviewed applicants in groups. There were around ten of us. It was pretty difficult to stand out among the large crowd. They had first given us an application with interview questions and we were to answer them. After handing in the application, the manager called all of us into a room and she would ask questions and every applicant would get a turn to reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Auburn, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then like 2 weeks later they called me in for an interview. They were interviewing a lot of people, and the manager took me back, later than my time I was supposed to be taken back. She asked me typical questions, like "why marshalls" or "what does customer service mean to you". The manager looked uninterested the whole time, which kind of made me unconfident. She then sent me on my way, telling me if I'm called by the next Friday, they picked me to work there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a peer have had a disagreement and tell me how you solved it   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Montebello, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled up application online at snagajob then 2 days later got an interviewed. He told me to be there earlier so i can fill up an application. I have to put 3 references. Then the interview starts when i'm done with application. Very casual i feel relax.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for the next day. I work black slacks and a colorful blouse. I was asked a couple questions then I was hired on spot. The questions were -Why would I be a good candidate to work for marshalls.? -What does customer service mean to me.? -Do I have reliable transportation.? -Have I ever worked retail before and if so what were my job duties.? -Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.? That was about it.

Interview Questions

• Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Burlington, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Several steps to the process. I had a few phone interviews with the D.M. I was then set up on an interview with a panel. I was asked many qualifying questions. The interview lasted over 2 hours. I had to wait a week or so before a final interview was scheduled in which an offer was made.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through snag-a-job and was called 6 days later to schedule an interview. During the phone call the manager on duty said to show up a little early and fill out an in store application (if I hadn't already). Interview was 4 days after initial phone call. Day of the interview I met with two supervisors who asked basic questions. I was then asked a few personal questions about my current availability. Given details about different positions being held and what specific job duties were. Interview ended with the two supervisors and was asked to stay for a second interview with the store manager. Interview with store manager was a little more personal. She asked where I previously worked and what my job duties were, why I didn't work there anymore, and if references listed have good contact numbers. Two out of the three references needed to come back "good" to be considered for employment. Interview ended with store manager saying she'll be in contact with me. I received a call the day after my interview saying they would like hire me and orientation is on the 1st at 8am.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Marshall's, and why have you chosen to work for Marshall's?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What do you like most about your (current) job and what do you dislike the most about your (current) job?   Answer Question
    • If given 5 tasks of equal importance needed to be completed in one hour, how would you handle the tasks?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was inviting, easygoing, and really gave me a feel for the work environment. I dropped off my application and followed up five days later for an interview. The assistant manager interviewed me and she asked me mostly situational questions which were tricky, but she told me I did very well. Got a call back the next day and went in for my second interview with the manager. She didn't even ask me questions, just talked to me about my life and the Marshalls community. She told me about training and the wage increase and she was super nice. I'm going next week for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell me a little bit about you. 2) what was your favorite thing about your previous job? 3) what is customer service to you? 4) name a time you had to do several things at once. 5) name a time you were faces with a difficult situation and how you solved it. 7) why do you want to work at Marshalls?   Answer Question