Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

The manager that hired me at Marshalls called me back within two business days after I checked on my status of the application. I had previous retail experience before which helped the hiring process move quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a qualifying candidate for this position that you're applying for>   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2013.

Applied in store and got called the next day to set up an interview. Went in for the interview and waited about 10 minutes then got called back. Interviewer printed out a list of questions to ask and wrote down all my responses. Very casual and quick.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in August 2009.

Someone from the company in HR called me and asked me to interview with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2010.

I was interviewed twice before i got an offer. I had to interview with one district manager and then another. One manager was more about the workplace questions and how you would handle position. The second DM was to get to know you and see if you know your business.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know your P&L statement from your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Marshalls in December 2010.

Was Called for the interview by the store manager, met with him and the district manager. A couple days later I had a phone interview with a regional manager for P&L. I received an offer the following sunday. both managers seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in what i had to say. We spoke of my past experiences and how that would fit into the existing position. From what I was told in the interview the company seemed to be a great place to be, (this was expressed in both interviews). I was most nervous about my lack of management experience so I was very surprised and excited to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most embarassing thing about yourself?   View Answer
    For my level of experience I thought my offer was more than generous, I accepted and didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in February 2008.

Typical retail interview by the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake you have made at a prior job.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

Interviews depend on who is interviewing you, My previous DM was fantastic and I immediately knew I wanted to work for him. He allowed me to talk about my experince and accomplishments and then he decided I sound more like a store manager. I interviewed with the higher ups and was offered a position a week later; in which I gladly accepted.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Marshalls in October 2008.

Filled out application and dropped it off at the store. The store manager was called and asked me a few questions on the spot. I was later called by another manager and asked more questions. That manager set up a formal interview with me. I met with an assistant manager and then had another brief interview with the store manager that same day.
     I was made an offer based on a positive outcome of my background check.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated up .50 cents because of my background. It was fairly easy to get a yes!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

2 interviews. One with a Store Manager, and the second with the DM

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls.

I applied through my school job website. I got a phone interview 1 week later. The interview would ask me about 5 to 8 question regarding the jobs and about me. She was very interest about me and wanted to schedule a face to face interview, but then she wanted someone that graduated from college. I didnt get another interview due to that, but then i got a thank you letter from the interviewer for being interested about the company

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about Marshalls?
      How do you handle a difficult customer or person?
        Answer Question

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!