Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2008.

Typical retail interview by the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake you have made at a prior job.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

Interviews depend on who is interviewing you, My previous DM was fantastic and I immediately knew I wanted to work for him. He allowed me to talk about my experince and accomplishments and then he decided I sound more like a store manager. I interviewed with the higher ups and was offered a position a week later; in which I gladly accepted.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in August 2009.

Someone from the company in HR called me and asked me to interview with the company.

General Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2009.

Quick, easy and painless.

Easy...not really much negotiation...big companies have their standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in December 2010.

Was Called for the interview by the store manager, met with him and the district manager. A couple days later I had a phone interview with a regional manager for P&L. I received an offer the following sunday. both managers seemed very friendly and genuinely interested in what i had to say. We spoke of my past experiences and how that would fit into the existing position. From what I was told in the interview the company seemed to be a great place to be, (this was expressed in both interviews). I was most nervous about my lack of management experience so I was very surprised and excited to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most embarassing thing about yourself?   View Answer
    For my level of experience I thought my offer was more than generous, I accepted and didn't negotiate.

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in September 2010.

The interview was detailed yet pleasant. I felt this approach was beneficial being that it was to the point yet still friendly. The interview left plenty of room for questions and I left feeling good and as if my time was valuable to the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult interaction you've endured?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2011.

I liked the fact that the hiring manager wanted to meet the applicants shortly after we submitted
    our applications. After applying for numerous jobs online, it was great to have the opportunity to
    meet the person who reviewed my application shortly after submitting it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The manager mostly wanted to get a sense of my personality and if I was friendly and enjoyed working with customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in June 2010.

I was interviewed twice before i got an offer. I had to interview with one district manager and then another. One manager was more about the workplace questions and how you would handle position. The second DM was to get to know you and see if you know your business.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know your P&L statement from your previous employer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in April 2012.

Well I turned in my written application and the hiring manager said she'd call me in a few days. She did, and she was extremely nice. It took around 30-40 minutes initially... Some questions she asked was: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I said Grad-School... well I'm a freshman in college so... yeah. I told her it's what my major required. Then she asked how do you feel you will do in this atmosphere? And I said I think I'll do well because I was on the volleyball team for 3 years and if you're slow you lose the point. And then she asked me a question to ask a question... She told me to ask her a question... I choked and just commented about marshalls because I couldn't think of anything but after I talked to my friend he said I should have asked about working hours and dress code ahhh! well good luck guys.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

The manager that hired me at Marshalls called me back within two business days after I checked on my status of the application. I had previous retail experience before which helped the hiring process move quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a qualifying candidate for this position that you're applying for>   Answer Question