Marshalls Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
114 interviews

1.9

Manager Interview

it was okay from the start. I interviewed with several people aboutmy past. The process wasn't that bad. They do background checks and things like that. I was given an offer within 2 weeks of my first interview.

Sales Associate Interview

One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Sales Floor Associate Interview

You submit application in person and wait for call. Interview was relatively short. They ask you basic questions like what do you do in your free time, any experience, and what your working schedule would be like.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls.

One interview. It is a long but really entertaining interview. The managers are very friendly and I felt really comfortable during the interview. It took like an hour to complete the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with salary, it is 7.25 an hour, no more. They negotiated with my availability which was great.

Merchandising Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Loss Prevention Trainer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls.

Phone interview, 1:1 interview w/ LP Manager, 1:1 interview w/ store Manager, store walk through with trainer/lead

Open but very limited

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

It was pretty typical. "When can you work?", "Do you have any questions for me?", and the like were typical interview questions. It wasn't really that big a deal. If you are able to talk, are not a violent human being, and are not hallucinating you should do just fine.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Marshalls.

Went through 4 interviews - all of which were the most intermediete interviews I have ever been on. They all asked basic questions; "How do you organize your day" , "How do you hold others accountable" , "Define 'Culture'" ... I walked out of all 4 interviews knowing I aced them because I didn't even have to think about my answers! I think McDonalds would have challenged me more!

My perception of the staff was positive, I felt like they were good people... but I also felt like my background with other retailers had put me decades ahead of them. I feel like Marshall's is stuck in the 1990s, lack of technology, poor Customer Service training, etc. Very workload based.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult - like I said, McDonalds would have challenged me more!   Answer Question
    Yes, I negotiated.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2011.

i knew somebody and they juiced me in

Interview Questions
    No negotiation.. only advise. .dont work there unless you need to

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Douglasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2011.

I came in and filled out an application. Then I was called a couple days later and the interview went really well. I was interviewed with another girl but it wasn't like a competition just basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that was asked of me was hard. Everything was basic and pretty easy.   Answer Question
    They will match your pay or they will slowly give you a raise based on how well you do and improve over time.

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!