Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

1.9

Manager Interview

it was okay from the start. I interviewed with several people aboutmy past. The process wasn't that bad. They do background checks and things like that. I was given an offer within 2 weeks of my first interview.

Sales Associate Interview

One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Sales Floor Associate Interview

You submit application in person and wait for call. Interview was relatively short. They ask you basic questions like what do you do in your free time, any experience, and what your working schedule would be like.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls.

One interview. It is a long but really entertaining interview. The managers are very friendly and I felt really comfortable during the interview. It took like an hour to complete the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with salary, it is 7.25 an hour, no more. They negotiated with my availability which was great.

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Loss Prevention Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls.

Phone interview, 1:1 interview w/ LP Manager, 1:1 interview w/ store Manager, store walk through with trainer/lead

Open but very limited

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in January 2008.

It was pretty typical. "When can you work?", "Do you have any questions for me?", and the like were typical interview questions. It wasn't really that big a deal. If you are able to talk, are not a violent human being, and are not hallucinating you should do just fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Marshalls in August 2013.

My mom works at Marshall's and got me an interview. Came in the next day for the interview and got hired. Interview took about 5 minutes. Very easy interview and everyone there was super nice to me. Next Monday i'll be set up with a group orientation. Easy questions, brought in my application with me.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2009.

One interview: met with two managers. They were both relaxed and professional and asked basic questions. They explained they were eager to give young people their first jobs. Elaborated on expectations and suggestions for the job and were gracious in offering training.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview was a two-fold process during a Marshalls Hiring Event.
    Positions weren't explained but referred to by FEC or Area Coordinatior, etc. Asked general questions like most interviews. "if you didn't know the answer, what would you do?"..
    Had second interview with Operations Coordinator and Manager. Manager asked one question and left the room. Ops person asked two? questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!