Marshalls Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

1.9

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a manager and coordinator, was invited back for a second interview the next day with a different manager. The second interview consisted of a few of the same questions from the first, but was mostly just a briefing on store policy and procedures. Wasn't too formal, basic interview questions, friendly employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual, was only about 10 minutes. It was more of a conversation than an interview She told me to give her a week to get back with me. 7 days later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed because her offer was really good for someone who has 2 years retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

Handed in my application and was invited for a interview the next day. Basic questions with asm and store manager. Was told I get a call back soon. Got a call that my reference check was good and now I'm just waiting for orientation.

Anything Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Oregon City, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

It was short and sweet. They had to change some questions since I'm still in high school with no past employers. It felt intense, but the questions weren't hard. I blew them away with my answer to "what do you know about the company", so you might wanna memorize that, it could help you get interview #2!

Interview Questions

• 1.) Do you have previous employers? 2.) What does working on a team mean to you? 3.) What is customer service? 4.) What do you know about our company? 5.) What school do you go to?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (Fontana, CA).

Interview

It was very simple, I applied on snagajob (which is the number one spot to apply for jobs in my opinion) got called a week later for the interview and then got a call back 3 days later asking if I can attend an orientation.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Bolingbrook, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview at Marshalls Bolingbrook, IL, I came in 30 mins early of my scheduled time. just 15 mins before 2 pm I looked for the Store mngr. I was asked about my previous job experience mostly about customer service experience and retail job. The job they have available is customer service , Part time 10-20 hrs/ week.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is a team player? 2. Name a situation where you had a upset customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

applied on thursday and got a call 2days later on mon for interview On the very day they called. Had the interview got a call back next morning for second interview To be held on wensday. Got a call another call Monday evening to go into orientation wensday at 10 am with 2 forms of id. Im guessing im hired. I dont know about their drug testing

Interview Questions

• 1st interview; What is customer care to you? What is it to be part of a team? Tell them about times ypu assisted a customer and got a survey feed back from it. Tell them about a time you jad to adapt to a change in your previous work place? 2interview; What do you know about Marshalls? Hows your availability? They explain to yo u their schedule how it varries alot and want to make sute your ok with that and still willing to pursue employment opportunities.   Answer Question

Key Carrier/Customer Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (Sioux City, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Nothing special easy interview. Only a few questions asked. Liedcto in interview about starting wage being $8.00 when it is $7.50. Wouldn't have taken the job for under $8.00 wants 50 words well there is not 50 words to describe this interview! It was fast short and easy. Should have known better at that point this place sucks.

Interview Questions

• What was something you enjoyed about your last employer   1 Answer

Store Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (North Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Went in on a wenesday to get a job application filled it out and gave it to the manager on duty i called back the next morning to follow up on the application and she asked for my name she asked about my availability for the weekends and if it would be a problem for me to work every weekend and i said no and she scheduled an interview for Saturday

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview but when I went in to interview they did not even know who was supposed to interview me. I waited for around 10 minutes until I was finally called back for a interview which took 5 minutes and then told I would hear back. They called me a few days later and when I called back no one knew who called me.