Marshalls Interview Questions

1.9

D/C Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

interviewed at Marshalls in May 2014.

Interview process consisted of a 1 hour phone interview and a 3 hour in person interview. Both interviews were pleasant. The in person interview consisted of a thorough walkthrough of the Woburn Distribution Center, and ended with having 2 private conversations with 2 managers each lasting about 30-45 min. Throughout the interview there were two other applicants with me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think the questions were too difficult. Just make sure you are prepared to answer the basic interview questions and be yourself.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marshalls.

face to face one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions. why do you want to work here? do you care about people?   Answer Question
    didn't happen

Cash Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in April 2014.

There was no interview. Just asking a couple of questions regarding availability. Manager was in shock, I actually had a resume. Job was just transitory to get hours required to get financial assistance for an educational program I need it. Got hired on the spot, although the manager did not like my lack of experience as a salesperson.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in March 2014.

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later for a group interview. There were 10 people including myself being interviewed. Both people conducting the interviews made me fell welcome and were very nice and professional. I was called about 45 minutes after the interview and they asked for my availability and if I had any references. 15 minutes after that I got another call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • They have a credit card that they want the customers to sign up for, so one of the questions was to attempt to sell the card to the manager as if she was a customer. Total curveball but be creative and you will be fine! They are VERY big on customer service!   Answer Question
    No price negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2014.

Applied via Snagajob. Got a call the next day and went in two days after I applied. During the "interview", I was asked to describe myself. Then they asked a couple of easy questions. Then explained what Marshall's/TJMaxx (they're part of the TJM family) is and what kind of job duties you would be doing. Only one interview with the HR manager. Got a call the next Monday saying to come in a few days later for Orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but unexpected was to describe myself.   View Answer
    Minimum wage, no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

Called for an interview a week later, interview was informal, just waiting for a callback.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your references, what would they tell me about you.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

You submit application in person and wait for call. Interview was relatively short. They ask you basic questions like what do you do in your free time, any experience, and what your working schedule would be like.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marshalls.

DM lost my application and resume

None

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marshalls in November 2013.

The interview process is easy you are asked easy questions of situational scenarios and if they feel you are what they want you would be hired on the spot my advice is when you turn in your application give it to the manager not an employee present yourself well ok

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in November 2013.

I applied online via Snagajob and got a call within the next week asking to go in for an interview the next day. When I got there I had to fill out another app on paper and had to wait for the interviewer who wasn't there yet. After waiting 10 15min a guy (who was already there) came up and told me that they didn't know that there was an interview scheduled and that he was going to do it. The interview went well and he asked me typical questions about work history and school. No behavioral questions so it was pretty easy. Afterwards he stressed on customer service and said that based on what I told him he feels very good about me and basically told me that I had the job but was gonna call a previous job for a reference. 2 days later I got a phone call asking to come in for orientation in 2 days!

Interview Questions
    didn't have enough experience so had to start at minimum wage