Marshalls

1.9

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in August 2013.

I had a manager whom I rarely had to deal with. The real party started two days after the interview when I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. That doesn't happen until you start working. Then the most difficult and unexpected occurs nearly daily.   Answer Question
    Negotiation? HAHAHAHAHA! What negotiation? The manager I interviewed with was very firm on not negotiating anything. I shouldn't have taken the job, so that was my fault. I was only one month out of being unemployed and should've expanded my options more. Customers have more room to negotiate prices on items they damage on purpose with approval from management. Because the customer is ALWAYS right, folks!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Marshalls in August 2013.

My mom works at Marshall's and got me an interview. Came in the next day for the interview and got hired. Interview took about 5 minutes. Very easy interview and everyone there was super nice to me. Next Monday i'll be set up with a group orientation. Easy questions, brought in my application with me.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

You have to apply in store, but you can print out an application and fill it out before you get there. Suggesting to call about your application status would depend on the hiring manager. It could either have a really positive effect or a really negative one.The interviewer was really nice and wanted me to feel comfortable. Dress business casual for the interview.

No negation for pay.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in July 2013.

The interview went very well. I met with the store Manager and she asked me a few questions. Since I walked into the room she told me I was a good candidate to work at front end which is to provide the best customer service and resolve all customer issues. Everything went real quick.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

Fill out the application if they are hiring at the moment they'll call you in for an interview

No Negotiation

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in June 2013.

I filled out an application in store and a couple of days later I received a call for my first interview. The manager asked regular questions, mainly involving teamwork. After the interview he told me that I should be expecting a call for my second interview. Well two weeks pass by and I hear nothing so I call the store and it turns out that they couldn't find my application. I finally get my second interview and I thought it went well, but a week later I didn't hear anything so I called once again and they wanted to bring me in for a THIRD interview. Turns out they had put as a "no-show" for my past two interviews, the interview sheets weren't completely filled out and the head manager didn't even know she had a third interview with me. Basically they made a mess of things and a month after filling out my application I got the job.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Everyone is paid minimum wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

I applied through my school job website. I got a phone interview 1 week later. The interview would ask me about 5 to 8 question regarding the jobs and about me. She was very interest about me and wanted to schedule a face to face interview, but then she wanted someone that graduated from college. I didnt get another interview due to that, but then i got a thank you letter from the interviewer for being interested about the company

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about Marshalls?
      How do you handle a difficult customer or person?

Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor?mod Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in April 2013.

Quick, lots of turn over in all stores. employees quit within a few months

Interview Questions
    • Why you would want to work for them? Jobs are hard to find in Michigan. Most people will take any thing till something better comes along   View Answer
    nothing, told me what they would offer. Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview was a two-fold process during a Marshalls Hiring Event.
    Positions weren't explained but referred to by FEC or Area Coordinatior, etc. Asked general questions like most interviews. "if you didn't know the answer, what would you do?"..
    Had second interview with Operations Coordinator and Manager. Manager asked one question and left the room. Ops person asked two? questions and that was it.