Marshalls

Updated Jan 28, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in September 2013.

The hiring process of Marshalls was very easy to get in and work. It is all about your background check. The interview process took one day during the grand opening event.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Marshalls store?

Have you had a difficult time with a customer in dealing with return item?

Answer Question
    Well, the manager was asking me about the minimum wage for $9.19. I say 'yes,' I told them it didn't matter to me, because I lived in the Issaquah, WA area.

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in September 2013.

Applied in store and got called the next day to set up an interview. Went in for the interview and waited about 10 minutes then got called back. Interviewer printed out a list of questions to ask and wrote down all my responses. Very casual and quick.

Retail Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

interviewed with the DM and another SM.
    Questions were std and about situations.

Not an issue.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in August 2013.

I had a manager whom I rarely had to deal with. The real party started two days after the interview when I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. That doesn't happen until you start working. Then the most difficult and unexpected occurs nearly daily.   Answer Question
    Negotiation? HAHAHAHAHA! What negotiation? The manager I interviewed with was very firm on not negotiating anything. I shouldn't have taken the job, so that was my fault. I was only one month out of being unemployed and should've expanded my options more. Customers have more room to negotiate prices on items they damage on purpose with approval from management. Because the customer is ALWAYS right, folks!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Marshalls in August 2013.

My mom works at Marshall's and got me an interview. Came in the next day for the interview and got hired. Interview took about 5 minutes. Very easy interview and everyone there was super nice to me. Next Monday i'll be set up with a group orientation. Easy questions, brought in my application with me.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

You have to apply in store, but you can print out an application and fill it out before you get there. Suggesting to call about your application status would depend on the hiring manager. It could either have a really positive effect or a really negative one.The interviewer was really nice and wanted me to feel comfortable. Dress business casual for the interview.

No negation for pay.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in July 2013.

The interview went very well. I met with the store Manager and she asked me a few questions. Since I walked into the room she told me I was a good candidate to work at front end which is to provide the best customer service and resolve all customer issues. Everything went real quick.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

Fill out the application if they are hiring at the moment they'll call you in for an interview

No Negotiation

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in June 2013.

I filled out an application in store and a couple of days later I received a call for my first interview. The manager asked regular questions, mainly involving teamwork. After the interview he told me that I should be expecting a call for my second interview. Well two weeks pass by and I hear nothing so I call the store and it turns out that they couldn't find my application. I finally get my second interview and I thought it went well, but a week later I didn't hear anything so I called once again and they wanted to bring me in for a THIRD interview. Turns out they had put as a "no-show" for my past two interviews, the interview sheets weren't completely filled out and the head manager didn't even know she had a third interview with me. Basically they made a mess of things and a month after filling out my application I got the job.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Everyone is paid minimum wage.