Marshalls

110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandising Associate Interview

Merchandising Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details – Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Interview Question – None. Everything is normal and easy.   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Merchandising Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first one with the hiring manager and the second one with the store manager. Both of them asked me fairly simple questions (standard interview questions) and the store manager basically clarified with me about what the hiring manager went over with me.

They both mainly described the position I would be working in and checked with me that I would be satisfied working in that department.

Interview Question – No questions were really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Totowa, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on line. Received a pre interview by phone. Then an interview by a store manager and then a final interview by the District Manager. Straight forward questions mainly about you and seeing what type of merchandising background you have.

Interview Question – None, only about your background and merchandising ability. Make sure you discuss merchandising and customer service and are pleasant. .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is room for negotiation and they put your offer in writing and send it in mail to your home.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was called after about two weeks for an interview. The hiring manager was personable and understanding. She didn't just read the questions off of paper, but the interview flowed more like a conversation. She also described several positions she could see me filling.

I snagged the interview via Snagajob, so she just asked that I fill out a paper application so I could be given a background check. From the way she talked it seemed more than probable that I'd get the job, but I cut the process short for personal reasons.

Interview Question – I think it was a question about hobbies or experience. I don't really remember.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details – I applied through my school job website. I got a phone interview 1 week later. The interview would ask me about 5 to 8 question regarding the jobs and about me. She was very interest about me and wanted to schedule a face to face interview, but then she wanted someone that graduated from college. I didnt get another interview due to that, but then i got a thank you letter from the interviewer for being interested about the company

Interview Question – what do you know about Marshalls?
How do you handle a difficult customer or person?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviews, they were regular interviews conducted by two assistant managers. Asked general interview questions, nothing special

Interview Question – What do you think customer service is all about?   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in October 2009.

Interview Details – I went to interview for a location that has not yet finished being built so we interviewed in a building nearby. I originally interviewed for a Sales Associate position but upon interviewing with the Store Manager she offered me a Merchandise Coordinator position. I 1st interviewed with a manager from another Marshall's and it was very laid back. After I interviewed with her I waited for another guy and he brought me into his office, asked me 1 or 2 questions and sent me outside to wait for the Store manager. She was the last person I interviewed and she asked me why i wanted to work there, why did I leave my last job and what do I do now.

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a price but I was able to chose which department I wanted to work in and what other Merchandise Coordinator I wanted to work with.

Shoe Department Interview

Shoe Department
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy simple questions. Laid back interview

Interview Question – Culture diversity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details – Interview was a two-fold process during a Marshalls Hiring Event.
Positions weren't explained but referred to by FEC or Area Coordinatior, etc. Asked general questions like most interviews. "if you didn't know the answer, what would you do?"..
Had second interview with Operations Coordinator and Manager. Manager asked one question and left the room. Ops person asked two? questions and that was it.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2009.

Interview Details – One interview: met with two managers. They were both relaxed and professional and asked basic questions. They explained they were eager to give young people their first jobs. Elaborated on expectations and suggestions for the job and were gracious in offering training.