Marshalls

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in January 2010.

For an entry-level store job, an applicant usually goes through a single interview with a Marshalls hiring manager. Conveniently for the applicant, Marshalls keeps the process informal yet professional. At the onset of the interview, applicants need to answer basic questions, like: "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "What makes you qualified for this job?", and "Why Marshalls?" To understand how candidates will act on the job, Marshalls also asks a number of behavioral questions, such as: "What was a time you had to solve a challenging problem?", "What is your idea of working with a sense of urgency?", and "How would you handle an upset customer?"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls in October 2009.

I went to interview for a location that has not yet finished being built so we interviewed in a building nearby. I originally interviewed for a Sales Associate position but upon interviewing with the Store Manager she offered me a Merchandise Coordinator position. I 1st interviewed with a manager from another Marshall's and it was very laid back. After I interviewed with her I waited for another guy and he brought me into his office, asked me 1 or 2 questions and sent me outside to wait for the Store manager. She was the last person I interviewed and she asked me why i wanted to work there, why did I leave my last job and what do I do now.

I wasn't able to negotiate a price but I was able to chose which department I wanted to work in and what other Merchandise Coordinator I wanted to work with.