Marshalls

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marshalls in January 2010.

Interview Details – For an entry-level store job, an applicant usually goes through a single interview with a Marshalls hiring manager. Conveniently for the applicant, Marshalls keeps the process informal yet professional. At the onset of the interview, applicants need to answer basic questions, like: "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "What makes you qualified for this job?", and "Why Marshalls?" To understand how candidates will act on the job, Marshalls also asks a number of behavioral questions, such as: "What was a time you had to solve a challenging problem?", "What is your idea of working with a sense of urgency?", and "How would you handle an upset customer?"

Interview Question – They didn't have any really hard questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Merchandise Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in October 2009.

Interview Details – I went to interview for a location that has not yet finished being built so we interviewed in a building nearby. I originally interviewed for a Sales Associate position but upon interviewing with the Store Manager she offered me a Merchandise Coordinator position. I 1st interviewed with a manager from another Marshall's and it was very laid back. After I interviewed with her I waited for another guy and he brought me into his office, asked me 1 or 2 questions and sent me outside to wait for the Store manager. She was the last person I interviewed and she asked me why i wanted to work there, why did I leave my last job and what do I do now.

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a price but I was able to chose which department I wanted to work in and what other Merchandise Coordinator I wanted to work with.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Marshalls

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marshalls Merchandise Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Marshalls employees and interview candidates.