Marshalls Merchandising Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.0

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview but when I went in to interview they did not even know who was supposed to interview me. I waited for around 10 minutes until I was finally called back for a interview which took 5 minutes and then told I would hear back. They called me a few days later and when I called back no one knew who called me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in September 2013.

Interview

Applied in store and got called the next day to set up an interview. Went in for the interview and waited about 10 minutes then got called back. Interviewer printed out a list of questions to ask and wrote down all my responses. Very casual and quick.

Merchandising Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (San Mateo, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application. The manager called me in the next day, and we had an interview. During our interview, she was bagging on me about my references. She basically said come to back to her with good references and she'll consider hiring me. So I gave her references and she called back like a month later saying I got the job.

Merchandising Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marshalls in June 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews, the first one with the hiring manager and the second one with the store manager. Both of them asked me fairly simple questions (standard interview questions) and the store manager basically clarified with me about what the hiring manager went over with me.

They both mainly described the position I would be working in and checked with me that I would be satisfied working in that department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls (North Brunswick, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I drop my application off at this Marshalls since it was close down the road from me, as well as TJMaxx. Marshalls called me and they wanted to interview me right away since I have worked in different place (retail, restaurant, and home care center). We scheduled an interview the following week, I had the HR manager interview just us two, great person, great personality. Shook the person's hand, introduced myself and they told me to have a seat, they asked me question like where I worked, how long I worked in those places, my hobbies, what I was studying and so forth. Throughout the interview we laughed and joked (this is how friendly the HR manager was) and then right there the HR manager shook my hand and told me I would be ideal for their store and I was hired immediately right there and then, started in a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls (Gaithersburg, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online at snagajob.com, then the next day I was called in for an interview. I went to the interview extremely nervous, then when I met the manager he took me to his office and we started the interview. At first we just had a conversation, then he pulled out papers [I assume my application] and we went over if I agree to the pay and understand the job, then he asked me some questions. I don't remember all of the questions, but it was like "Best costumer service?" "best qualities?" "worst qualities?" "worst costumer service?" "how did you handle a situation in which you and a person didn't get along?" and asked me what I want to be when I'm older. It took about 30 minutes. I went home, then he called again around 9, but I was asleep and figured he'd call back again, which he didn't. I never heard from Marshalls, but I'm glad. I now work at JC Penneys. I heard that the pay is not worth all of the work at Marshalls. He said he would start me at 7.82 or something, but I would only work like 20 hours a week, if that. Maybe sometimes more, maybe less.

Interview Questions

• "When was a time you experienced bad costumer service, how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question
    • "How did you handle a time where you and a person didn't get along?"   Answer Question
    • Look at the paragraph I typed, there's more questions there.   Answer Question