Marshalls Merchandising Associate Interview Questions

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2013.

Applied in store and got called the next day to set up an interview. Went in for the interview and waited about 10 minutes then got called back. Interviewer printed out a list of questions to ask and wrote down all my responses. Very casual and quick.

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview questions are very basic. The hiring manager is a good person and very considerate.

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2012.

I had two interviews, the first one with the hiring manager and the second one with the store manager. Both of them asked me fairly simple questions (standard interview questions) and the store manager basically clarified with me about what the hiring manager went over with me.

They both mainly described the position I would be working in and checked with me that I would be satisfied working in that department.

Minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in August 2012.

I walked in and filled out an application. The manager called me in the next day, and we had an interview. During our interview, she was bagging on me about my references. She basically said come to back to her with good references and she'll consider hiring me. So I gave her references and she called back like a month later saying I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in October 2011.

I applied online at snagajob.com, then the next day I was called in for an interview. I went to the interview extremely nervous, then when I met the manager he took me to his office and we started the interview. At first we just had a conversation, then he pulled out papers [I assume my application] and we went over if I agree to the pay and understand the job, then he asked me some questions. I don't remember all of the questions, but it was like "Best costumer service?" "best qualities?" "worst qualities?" "worst costumer service?" "how did you handle a situation in which you and a person didn't get along?" and asked me what I want to be when I'm older. It took about 30 minutes. I went home, then he called again around 9, but I was asleep and figured he'd call back again, which he didn't. I never heard from Marshalls, but I'm glad. I now work at JC Penneys. I heard that the pay is not worth all of the work at Marshalls. He said he would start me at 7.82 or something, but I would only work like 20 hours a week, if that. Maybe sometimes more, maybe less.

Interview Questions
    • "When was a time you experienced bad costumer service, how did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question
    • "How did you handle a time where you and a person didn't get along?"   Answer Question
    • Look at the paragraph I typed, there's more questions there.   Answer Question

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!