Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.9

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Merchandise coordinator, assistant store manager, and store manager. I got a call about 2 days after applying on line. My first interview was on Sunday my 2and 3rd interviews were next day. It all went very quick. Everyone was very nice. It was a casual interview...real easy .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshalls. Tell me something about yourself. And what is your strengths and weaknesses? Basic questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for the next day. I work black slacks and a colorful blouse. I was asked a couple questions then I was hired on spot. The questions were -Why would I be a good candidate to work for marshalls.? -What does customer service mean to me.? -Do I have reliable transportation.? -Have I ever worked retail before and if so what were my job duties.? -Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.? That was about it.

Interview Questions

• Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

Applied in store got an interview two days later, really easy and laid back. Had two interviews, second one didn't ask many questions. Were all questions from a piece of paper and wrote down the answers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual, was only about 10 minutes. It was more of a conversation than an interview She told me to give her a week to get back with me. 7 days later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed because her offer was really good for someone who has 2 years retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

Handed in my application and was invited for a interview the next day. Basic questions with asm and store manager. Was told I get a call back soon. Got a call that my reference check was good and now I'm just waiting for orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

It was easy basic interview questions. It was 2 interviews both 1 on 1 before they hire. It took like 2 weeks to get a phone call after i applied and then like another 2 weeks with the interviews. It kinda was a long process.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

When I first came in I called for the manager and was then lead to the side at the back of the store where the manager's offices were at. I sat there with other 1 other person in a white room waiting for the manager to come in. She left and came back with 2 people asking them to take a seat. She asked questions like if we were eligible to work there, etc. Not to many questions really. She then proceeded to hand all of us job applications and to fill them out as honestly as we can. After we were done filling them out, she thanked us and said she will see us on Monday.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I gave in my application to the manager and was told that I look great and he'll call me during the week to schedule and interview, its been a month and he has never called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a very quick and informal meeting with two Managers on a Saturday morning. They asked me general questions about my experience and background/schooling. They also indicated they would verify my information with one of my references and that I should report for orientation on following Monday afternoon unless they called me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current job duties. Do you have any experience handling cash?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start all Sales Associates out at $7.50 per hour. This will change June 1st, 2015 to $9.00 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Marshalls (Springfield, OH).

Interview

They only do paper applications. Had to drop off at the store in person. No chance to talk to the manager. Got a call for a interview. Went in for the interview. The manager asked a few normal interview questions, but he mostly seemed like he liked to just talk. Very conversational.

Negotiation

Normal interview. Some questions about how my experience lined up to the stores model. Was just a conversational type set up. I said the pay was extremely low and that I was disappointed in that. When they called back to say I got the job they said I got 20 cents more than was originally offered. Still a really low pay rate for my level of experience.