Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.0

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Merchandise coordinator, assistant store manager, and store manager. I got a call about 2 days after applying on line. My first interview was on Sunday my 2and 3rd interviews were next day. It all went very quick. Everyone was very nice. It was a casual interview...real easy .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshalls. Tell me something about yourself. And what is your strengths and weaknesses? Basic questions.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The Marshalls I applied for was one of the largest locations in America. The manager interviewed applicants in groups. There were around ten of us. It was pretty difficult to stand out among the large crowd. They had first given us an application with interview questions and we were to answer them. After handing in the application, the manager called all of us into a room and she would ask questions and every applicant would get a turn to reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls (Auburn, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then like 2 weeks later they called me in for an interview. They were interviewing a lot of people, and the manager took me back, later than my time I was supposed to be taken back. She asked me typical questions, like "why marshalls" or "what does customer service mean to you". The manager looked uninterested the whole time, which kind of made me unconfident. She then sent me on my way, telling me if I'm called by the next Friday, they picked me to work there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a peer have had a disagreement and tell me how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for the next day. I work black slacks and a colorful blouse. I was asked a couple questions then I was hired on spot. The questions were -Why would I be a good candidate to work for marshalls.? -What does customer service mean to me.? -Do I have reliable transportation.? -Have I ever worked retail before and if so what were my job duties.? -Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.? That was about it.

Interview Questions

• Have I I ever had a conflict with a coworker and if so how was it handled.?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

Applied in store got an interview two days later, really easy and laid back. Had two interviews, second one didn't ask many questions. Were all questions from a piece of paper and wrote down the answers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual, was only about 10 minutes. It was more of a conversation than an interview She told me to give her a week to get back with me. 7 days later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed because her offer was really good for someone who has 2 years retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

Handed in my application and was invited for a interview the next day. Basic questions with asm and store manager. Was told I get a call back soon. Got a call that my reference check was good and now I'm just waiting for orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

It was easy basic interview questions. It was 2 interviews both 1 on 1 before they hire. It took like 2 weeks to get a phone call after i applied and then like another 2 weeks with the interviews. It kinda was a long process.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

When I first came in I called for the manager and was then lead to the side at the back of the store where the manager's offices were at. I sat there with other 1 other person in a white room waiting for the manager to come in. She left and came back with 2 people asking them to take a seat. She asked questions like if we were eligible to work there, etc. Not to many questions really. She then proceeded to hand all of us job applications and to fill them out as honestly as we can. After we were done filling them out, she thanked us and said she will see us on Monday.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview

I gave in my application to the manager and was told that I look great and he'll call me during the week to schedule and interview, its been a month and he has never called back.