Marshalls Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

1.8

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was inviting, easygoing, and really gave me a feel for the work environment. I dropped off my application and followed up five days later for an interview. The assistant manager interviewed me and she asked me mostly situational questions which were tricky, but she told me I did very well. Got a call back the next day and went in for my second interview with the manager. She didn't even ask me questions, just talked to me about my life and the Marshalls community. She told me about training and the wage increase and she was super nice. I'm going next week for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell me a little bit about you.
    2) what was your favorite thing about your previous job?
    3) what is customer service to you?
    4) name a time you had to do several things at once.
    5) name a time you were faces with a difficult situation and how you solved it.
    7) why do you want to work at Marshalls?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

You submit application in person and wait for call. Interview was relatively short. They ask you basic questions like what do you do in your free time, any experience, and what your working schedule would be like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Talk with manager find out about the job ask question step up next interview went in they asked me more questions set up a day and time for me to start working and trained in every department in the store then went to my department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

The process happened almost immediately. I walked in and filled out an application and got an interview on the spot. within a day or two I was in orientation. They asked very standard questions with no difficulty and then informed me that they hire at a set rate depending on years of experience and there was no changing pay rate.

Interview Questions

• The questions where the standard "if there is an argument with another employee how would you handle it?" and "if a customer is unhappy how would you fix the situation?" there where no truly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have no negotiations they do not negotiate salaries they have a set pay for everything and they won't change this with negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Just one interview with one of the managers