Marshfield Clinic

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Systems Project Manager Interview

Information Systems Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Marshfield Clinic.

Interview Details – I had one interview and was offered the postion within a few days of the interview. Interviewed with 4 people but 2 of them asked most of the questions. There were lots of situational questions, "Tell us about a time when..." They described the IT organization at a high level. The description indicated that the IT department was in a state of re-org, which proved to be accurate when I started working there. Be prepared to ask questions about the type of work you will be doing and which projects you will be assigned. They have two groups of PMs. One group works on clincial projects. The other works on building projects and IT projects with networks and servers.

Interview Question – What would we be missing if we did not hire you? What would we have to put up with if we did hire you? They did ask PM process questions so be prepared to talk about the triple constraint and critical path.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested a few thousand more than they offered and they gave me about 50% of my request. Recommendation: Be certain to negotiate for more salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Marshfield, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long wait from submission of application to offer. I have transferred within the organization before and it seems HR is slow to move on things. Managers wait and wait for them to offer the position and inform the other candidates that they did not receive the job.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Marshfield Clinic.

Interview Details – I got in contact with them through my college, University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, and interviewed them on-site. The process was pretty quick, within a month I had an offer, and I knew in November I would be working there In May.

Interview Question – None. They stuck to the basic questions about group work, and what you are most proud of, stuff like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not really haggle much, they gave me a pretty good offer to begin with.

Resident Physician Interview

Resident Physician
Marshfield, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in November 2011.

Interview Details – Residency Interviews by panel of 3 people

Interview Question – Why Marshfield?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Statistician Interview

Statistician
Marshfield, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in November 2011.

Interview Details – Basically no questions on the skills and behaviors. Just talk to tons of people. I did 7 sessions with more than 15 people. You can eat lunch alone by yourself and take some rest. Since the place is kinda in the middle of nowhere, they seem to care a lot if u really want to be there.

Interview Question – What is the difference between survival analysis and other statistical analysis.   View Answer

Non-physician/Medical Interview

Non-physician/Medical
Marshfield, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process followed a fairly common methodology - phone screen with HR recruiter, then on-site interview with recruiter, hiring manager, and group of peers that work for hiring manager.

Very upfront about compensation package.

Disappointing was the way they handled post-interview phase. Told me a decision would be made by a certain date, and if I didn't hear from them by that time, to contact them. Did so and was told the decision had been delayed. Waited another 2 weeks (my mistake), and when I called them again, was told the position had been filled. Had I not contacted them twice, would I have ever had another conversation with them?

I know someone else who had exactly the same experience. Seems like this is a game they play with candidates and I think it reflects very poorly on Marshfield Clinic. It seems unprofessional to leave candidates hanging even as they wait patiently for a promised phone call that never comes.

Interview Question – Describe how you handle a situation where a team co-worker is being difficult.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Marshfield, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in July 2008.

Interview Details – Intereviewed with HR - gave company background, benefits, job info, etc. Met with 1:1 with dept manager. Met with group of potential co-workers. Smooth flowing interview process.

Interview Questions

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in April 2011.

Interview Details – First the interview was supposed to be with a panel, but someone from the panel was unable to attend. The interviewer wanted to know if I preferred SQL, Exchange, or general system administration. I said that I could do any, but my preference would be general until I learned more about the environment. Good answer, right? Overall, the interview went well, and I believe I sold the interviewer about my skills because he gave me positive feedback during the interview. I had a very good feeling after the interview. The interviewer told the recruiter that he really liked me. However, within 48 hours, the story completely changed. The interviewer decided to not pursue me because he apparently wasn't convinced of my skill level. Weird, huh? This was my second interview with this organization within a short period of time. If they weren't convinced the first time I interviewed, why did they call me back? This indicates to me that they're IT services segment is very disorganized and more reactive than proactive. Am I bitter? A little, given the cost to travel and what transpired. In retrospect, I'm glad that things ended the way they did. At least I can honestly claim that this was the best thing that could've happened---not receiving an offer!

Interview Questions

Worked for Marshfield Clinic? Contribute to the Community!