Marshfield Clinic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Marshfield, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long wait from submission of application to offer. I have transferred within the organization before and it seems HR is slow to move on things. Managers wait and wait for them to offer the position and inform the other candidates that they did not receive the job.

Resident Physician Interview

Resident Physician
Marshfield, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in November 2011.

Interview Details – Residency Interviews by panel of 3 people

Interview Question – Why Marshfield?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Statistician Interview

Statistician
Marshfield, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in November 2011.

Interview Details – Basically no questions on the skills and behaviors. Just talk to tons of people. I did 7 sessions with more than 15 people. You can eat lunch alone by yourself and take some rest. Since the place is kinda in the middle of nowhere, they seem to care a lot if u really want to be there.

Interview Question – What is the difference between survival analysis and other statistical analysis.   View Answer

Non-physician/Medical Interview

Non-physician/Medical
Marshfield, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process followed a fairly common methodology - phone screen with HR recruiter, then on-site interview with recruiter, hiring manager, and group of peers that work for hiring manager.

Very upfront about compensation package.

Disappointing was the way they handled post-interview phase. Told me a decision would be made by a certain date, and if I didn't hear from them by that time, to contact them. Did so and was told the decision had been delayed. Waited another 2 weeks (my mistake), and when I called them again, was told the position had been filled. Had I not contacted them twice, would I have ever had another conversation with them?

I know someone else who had exactly the same experience. Seems like this is a game they play with candidates and I think it reflects very poorly on Marshfield Clinic. It seems unprofessional to leave candidates hanging even as they wait patiently for a promised phone call that never comes.

Interview Question – Describe how you handle a situation where a team co-worker is being difficult.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Marshfield, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshfield Clinic in July 2008.

Interview Details – Intereviewed with HR - gave company background, benefits, job info, etc. Met with 1:1 with dept manager. Met with group of potential co-workers. Smooth flowing interview process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Marshfield Clinic? Contribute to the Community!