Marten Transport

2.3

Western Region Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marten Transport in May 2013.

Process was easy and thorough. Orientation was fun and informative. When I had questions they were answered without delay and with all the information I would need to make informed decisions. Orientation was set up similar to a classroom. The paperwork was minimal and not difficult. Questions were answered knowledgably. The accommodation and transportation were a bonus in my book. I was treated with dignity and respect through out the entire process. I was given all the information I needed prior to arriving for orientation which made thing go very smoothly. The interviewer explained that I would need my CDL, passport, and social security card. Their attitude towards me was warm and friendly, welcoming. During my interview I felt welcome and am very glad that Marten Transport hired me.They flew me to pick up my first truck so much better than a Greyhound bus. (THANK YOU) I have had some challenges but over all if you keep a cool head things work out. I would and do recommend Marten Transport to friends and other drivers from other companies. Overall my hiring and interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Driver Manager insists delivery to a customer that is closed over the weekend. Knowing they are closed and telling me to attempt delivery and report what I find. (for the 2nd time to this particular costumer)   View Answer
    A date to begin working and when and where to pick up my truck.

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marten Transport in October 2012.

Interview process quick and hires on quickly for experienced drivers. They don't tell you everything and their policies are vague.

No negotiation.

OTR Regional Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mondovi, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Mondovi, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marten Transport in June 2010.

Fill out online application. Do interview over phone. Have three days training at one of the terminals. Hazmat is required.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very standard interview. Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Why change jobs for the same pay.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mondovi, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marten Transport in June 2010.

Phone qualified then offer opportunity to attend in processing in Wisconsin. They paid for the transportation to the orientation ad the motel room for the days that were necessary to do background,drug,and physical tests.

Interview Questions
    Yes, the area I wanted to operate in was not where we agreed for me to run. It was at their discretion.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mondovi, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marten Transport in April 2010.

I got a call from a recruiter about 4 days after I filled out an application online, she described the orientation and where I would go, I would have to take a drug test, no problem, pass a road test, that would take about 2.5 day's, if I passed my drug test physical and road test, Id be in my truck on my way to where ever my load would take me, I passed everything, filled out the appropriate paperwork, got my keys, and was off and running, it has been the best, most productive and satisfying decision I have made...to date. I haven't looked back, and I have no regrets about becoming a bluebird.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Marten Transport in March 2010.

I was very excited to interview, and to start once offered a position, but there was a prior candidate ahead of me in the orientation process, and I had to wait till he was through the process before I could begin.

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle difficult employees?   View Answer
    I was too excited to negotiate, in part because I felt the offer was fair, and accepting it without contest a far better idea than taking the chance of being under bid by another prospective candidate.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mondovi, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marten Transport in September 2009.

Make sure you are 100% truthful in your interview, don't hide things, because they will come out eventually once company does back ground check. Be professional as possible, have all appropriate info, including dates and how long of employment you were with past employers. Really do your homework, investigating of your prospective employer, be sure you really want to give your time and energy in going to work for this employer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I would do it all over again, obtaining my CDL to become a truck driver.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Initial interview involved about 2 questions, 45 min of observation, followed by a quick follow up of what I thought. Second interview one week later involved no questions, just information about the company, another 45 min observation, followed by a verbal offer. I only really needed my "elevator speech" ready to be successful in the interview.

Fleet Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marten Transport in February 2012.

The interview process was behavioral oriented. They are looking for employees who will be able to bridge and effective connection between between the corporate offices and the drivers.

Fleet Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marten Transport in February 2012.

The interview process was pretty laid back. I had the interview conducted in an office with other people that were doing there jobs like in a cubical environment, and the interviewer asked me some pretty basic behavioral questions that are typically asked at most companies. The traits that they are looking for is leadership and being able to work well under pressure, and doing research on the setbacks and limitations on the transportation industry can really help in the interview process to show that you have done research on it. They have offered me a position but I haven't decided on whether to take it or not. The best advice I can give is to do research on the company on google like on message boards reviewing the company and that can give you great insight on how to tackle for your interview.