Martha Stewart Living

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Editorial Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview Details – Resume sent to jr. HR personnel via another upper-level employee. HR employee emailed me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were very basic-- tell me about yourself and your experience, what is your perception of the brand and how do you fit in with it, what job do you see yourself in next. They seemed most interested about how I would fit in with the Martha Stewart and what relevant job experience I had.

Interview Question – Most difficult: How do you fit in with the Martha Stewart Brand?   View Answer

Interviewed at Martha Stewart Living

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then called in for in person interview. Questions are standard and basic everyone was very friendly and relaxed

Interview Question – How is your last experience relevant to this position   Answer Question

Interviewed at Martha Stewart Living

Interview Details – I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living for marketing internship.I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living for marketing internship.

Interview Question – all questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Back When Human Resources Was Good Interview

Back When Human Resources Was Good
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful interview and onboarding experience. I was with the company at a time when they had a full, robust HR staff that cared about placing the right people in the right positions and who wanted to train and develop its workforce. By the time I left teh company, it was reduced to a handful of generalists who simply read resumes and set up interviews.

Interview Question – Be prepared to know and live the brand. This is a must.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in January 2010.

Interview Details – HR was very disorganized. the hiring manager was texting me, which i found very unprofessional. hr didn't seem to know anything about the job i was interviewing for. their comments were very different from the job posting. i finally got the real story when i actually met with the person i was interviewing with.

Interview Question – they wanted to know how dedicated i was to the brand. they seem to want people who live the martha life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were willing to negotiate a little

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in January 2012.

Interview Details – My then boss contacted my professor (who was also her professor years ago) and told him they were looking for an editorial assistant for a certain section of the magazine. He sent out a general email to select few of students and I was the first one to reply. He told my boss about me, I sent her my resume, and she hired me through email on the spot. I came in a few days later, filled out some paper work, and started working the same day.

Interview Question – Did not have an interview. I received the job offer from a professor referral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview Details – Had one, very nice phone interview, and was told a few days later that I had gotten the position. Had a very similar background to my interviewer and was very excited to get the position.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty standard and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I was an intern and received the standard intern stipend.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview Details – I found this internship opportunity on my college job board and promptly submitted just a resume. I received a quick response to my initial application and the in-person interview was no different. The interview was rather quick, but efficient, and was only with the HR manager. It resulted in an offer.

Interview Question – There were no extremely unexpected or difficult questions. The bulk of questions pertained to what I did at my past internships and how I could apply those skill to this company.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR, phone interview, in-person interview

Interview Question – typical questions from resume   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview Details – Interviewed for several positions before landing this job. HR team was great and VERY helpful.

Interview Question – Communication across departments was not as good as it could be.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Martha Stewart Living

Worked for Martha Stewart Living? Contribute to the Community!