Martha Stewart Living Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.6

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Resume sent to jr. HR personnel via another upper-level employee. HR employee emailed me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were very basic-- tell me about yourself and your experience, what is your perception of the brand and how do you fit in with it, what job do you see yourself in next. They seemed most interested about how I would fit in with the Martha Stewart and what relevant job experience I had.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult: How do you fit in with the Martha Stewart Brand?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Initial phone interview then called in for in person interview. Questions are standard and basic everyone was very friendly and relaxed

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living for marketing internship.I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living for marketing internship.

Back When Human Resources Was Good Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in February 2010.

I had a wonderful interview and onboarding experience. I was with the company at a time when they had a full, robust HR staff that cared about placing the right people in the right positions and who wanted to train and develop its workforce. By the time I left teh company, it was reduced to a handful of generalists who simply read resumes and set up interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to know and live the brand. This is a must.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in January 2010.

HR was very disorganized. the hiring manager was texting me, which i found very unprofessional. hr didn't seem to know anything about the job i was interviewing for. their comments were very different from the job posting. i finally got the real story when i actually met with the person i was interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    • they wanted to know how dedicated i was to the brand. they seem to want people who live the martha life.   Answer Question
    they were willing to negotiate a little

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living in January 2012.

My then boss contacted my professor (who was also her professor years ago) and told him they were looking for an editorial assistant for a certain section of the magazine. He sent out a general email to select few of students and I was the first one to reply. He told my boss about me, I sent her my resume, and she hired me through email on the spot. I came in a few days later, filled out some paper work, and started working the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have an interview. I received the job offer from a professor referral.   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Had one, very nice phone interview, and was told a few days later that I had gotten the position. Had a very similar background to my interviewer and was very excited to get the position.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard and easy to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I was an intern and received the standard intern stipend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

I found this internship opportunity on my college job board and promptly submitted just a resume. I received a quick response to my initial application and the in-person interview was no different. The interview was rather quick, but efficient, and was only with the HR manager. It resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no extremely unexpected or difficult questions. The bulk of questions pertained to what I did at my past internships and how I could apply those skill to this company.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Contacted by HR, phone interview, in-person interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interviewed for several positions before landing this job. HR team was great and VERY helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Communication across departments was not as good as it could be.   Answer Question

Worked for Martha Stewart Living? Contribute to the Community!