Martha Stewart Living Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.6

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly and took about 2-3 weeks. HR was very laid-back and welcoming and always kept me up to date during the whole process. They will ask for references if they are interested so be ready to provide them! Overall, positive experience and accepted the offer.

Apple Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was relatively informal. I was recruited on location at my precious job and brought in for my people skills. They asked me to have a phone call with the VP and than they asked me to visit the office location they were in the process of moving In to to continue the process and meet with HR.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions about the Mac OS and General support questions. I was than told about the philosophy (at the time) of the IT department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $3,000 more than they offered and they simply said no.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview

A lot of red flags. Very strange and long interview. Department lacks direction and does not understand what they do or what they want candidates to do. How could they hire someone in this state? No feedback.

Editorial Interview

Interview

marketing questions. how you would be able to sell a product. what would you include in newsletters. went over the resume. asked why I wanted to work there. Really basic and quick. in the new york cit y office.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview

Resume sent to jr. HR personnel via another upper-level employee. HR employee emailed me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were very basic-- tell me about yourself and your experience, what is your perception of the brand and how do you fit in with it, what job do you see yourself in next. They seemed most interested about how I would fit in with the Martha Stewart and what relevant job experience I had.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: How do you fit in with the Martha Stewart Brand?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview then called in for in person interview. Questions are standard and basic everyone was very friendly and relaxed

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living for marketing internship.I interviewed at Martha Stewart Living for marketing internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

Had one, very nice phone interview, and was told a few days later that I had gotten the position. Had a very similar background to my interviewer and was very excited to get the position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty standard and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as I was an intern and received the standard intern stipend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Martha Stewart Living (New York, NY).

Interview

I found this internship opportunity on my college job board and promptly submitted just a resume. I received a quick response to my initial application and the in-person interview was no different. The interview was rather quick, but efficient, and was only with the HR manager. It resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely unexpected or difficult questions. The bulk of questions pertained to what I did at my past internships and how I could apply those skill to this company.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Martha Stewart Living.

Interview

Contacted by HR, phone interview, in-person interview