Martin Marietta Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equment Opp Interview

Equment Opp
Petroleum, WV

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Martin Marietta Materials in September 2010.

Interview Details – fill out app show exprence went for drug test.had verry throul fis. after passing went to final interview took tour of undergroung the should my exp. first hand.. talked about pay and vac. i acc.

Interview Question – drug and acc free   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Haul Truck Operator Interview

Haul Truck Operator
Alden, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Martin Marietta Materials in March 2010.

Interview Details – application/ interview /physical hired within 2weeks

Interview Question – expirence?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay per hr take it or leave it,
vacations- take it or leave it

Core Drill Helper Interview

Core Drill Helper
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Martin Marietta Materials in September 2011.

Interview Details – it was very easy a combo of phone and in person interviews. it did take a while to get the job offer once I did interview. I met with the boss and drill crew. I started promptly after the offer the interview was a very relaxed environment basic get to know you questions.

Interview Question – I did not get any surprise questions or difficult to answer ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Plant Operator/Denver Colorado Interview

Plant Operator/Denver Colorado
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Martin Marietta Materials in September 2013.

Interview Details – Plan on filling out a book, and undergoing a batter of tests.

Interview Question – Personal questions on your health.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – People at the company seemed a very unsatisfied with their job. Other operators complained of a controlling environment. And often complained about plant managers.

Very Easy Interview

QC Technician Interview

QC Technician
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Martin Marietta Materials in January 2012.

Interview Details – We were bought out by Martin Marietta Materials, and were formerly Lafarge North America employees. The interview process didn't happen for me as it was deemed unnecessary. Other personnel that did interview for Martin Marietta Materials during this transition phase were subsequently laid off.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right? The correct answer is "no", but we'll make him feel like he is, since many customers seem to think that they know more about concrete than we do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. Pretty much "take it or leave it".

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Martin Marietta Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Martin Marietta Materials interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Martin Marietta Materials employees and interview candidates.