Martin's Super Markets

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Martin's Super Markets

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Niles, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and comfortable. The Hiring Representative was friendly and professional. Standard questions of education, availability and transportation were asked. After the interview I was told that the HR would be in contact soon. After that I went in for orientation to sign papers and watch the "training videos".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets in October 2013.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview at Martins October 5th , 2013. The interview went great! I was asked basic questions such as "why would you like to work here" and "what skills can you bring to our company" I was called back about 4 days later saying that they had no openings in the store I was applying for.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets.

Interview

I put in an application in the store. The HR person called me in for a short interview with questions only about my availability. I was available, so they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Experience didn't seem to matter. No negotiations for me.

Starbuck Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Martin's Super Markets (Niles, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Was called and asked to come in for an interview the next day. Went in and was interviewed by Martin's Super Markets Human Resources Manager and the Manager of the Starbucks. The interview was really easy and they asked what was my worst trait. I said that I tend to pay to much attention to detail so I'm slower than other people at times. A few days later I received a call and she told me that they went with someone else for the Starbucks position but that she still wanted me for a Service Clerk position that she was just getting ready to hire for. I went in to take a simple math test the next day and then about a week later I got a call that told me I just had to wait for her to finish the hiring process for an orientation.