Marvell Technology

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2014.

Interview Details – one phone interview, asked about projects on the resume. Then asked about MESI protocol. Then Onsite interview. There are 5 people. First one asked basic CPU questions, such as 5 stage pipelined CPU. Second one asked me about reorder buffer in the out of order processor and load store queue. Third one asked about waveform questions. The last two asked me about some verilog questions.

Interview Question – reorder buffer store pointer.   Answer Question

Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – I submitted job application 8 months ago online. No HR contacted. Directly contacted by hiring manager and setup one phone call about 45 min, then onsite interview about 6 hours.

Interview Question – How many data bits needed to represent A*B+C, all are 8 bit unsigned   View Answer

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – 4 rounds, one hr and three technical. Generally good. They asked questions about the resume, one interviewer asked a lot of basic circuit problem, like how to draw an inverter(transistor level), state machine, etc.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are just normal, like state machine, timing, clock gating.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2014.

Interview Details – I've applied online at Jan. and wait 2-3 months to get this phone interview. One guy from Marvell emailed me and set a time to call (so I choose the next day's afternoon). And that guy called on time. The whole time of this phone interview is about 50min, and he asked about 8 questions.

Interview Question – How to check if a fabricated chip has a hold time violation, and how to fix it.   View Answers (2)

ASIC Design Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Question – They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – strong background knowledge required. staffs on the resume

Interview Question – mostly regular   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – First phone interview , then on-site

Interview Question – What is the difference between the syn and asyn FIFO? Is there any way for cross domain signal transfer? Tell me related technique and writing verilog code to describe it.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – First round telephone interview: A design manage of their Datacom group called me to schedule a telephone interview next week.

Asked questions based on my resume, projects, especially circuit logic design, STA, dynamic structure

He is very polite, nice people.

Interview Question – how to solve clock skew, detailed process   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – a phone interview followed by an onsite interveiw

Interview Question – very detailed clock divided by three   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marvell Technology

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marvell Technology ASIC Design Engineer interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marvell Technology employees and interview candidates.