Marvell Technology ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2014.

one phone interview, asked about projects on the resume. Then asked about MESI protocol. Then Onsite interview. There are 5 people. First one asked basic CPU questions, such as 5 stage pipelined CPU. Second one asked me about reorder buffer in the out of order processor and load store queue. Third one asked about waveform questions. The last two asked me about some verilog questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

I submitted job application 8 months ago online. No HR contacted. Directly contacted by hiring manager and setup one phone call about 45 min, then onsite interview about 6 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How many data bits needed to represent A*B+C, all are 8 bit unsigned   View Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

4 rounds, one hr and three technical. Generally good. They asked questions about the resume, one interviewer asked a lot of basic circuit problem, like how to draw an inverter(transistor level), state machine, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are just normal, like state machine, timing, clock gating.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2014.

I've applied online at Jan. and wait 2-3 months to get this phone interview. One guy from Marvell emailed me and set a time to call (so I choose the next day's afternoon). And that guy called on time. The whole time of this phone interview is about 50min, and he asked about 8 questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to check if a fabricated chip has a hold time violation, and how to fix it.   View Answers (2)

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

strong background knowledge required. staffs on the resume

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

First phone interview , then on-site

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between the syn and asyn FIFO? Is there any way for cross domain signal transfer? Tell me related technique and writing verilog code to describe it.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

First round telephone interview: A design manage of their Datacom group called me to schedule a telephone interview next week.

Asked questions based on my resume, projects, especially circuit logic design, STA, dynamic structure

He is very polite, nice people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2012.

Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

a phone interview followed by an onsite interveiw

Interview Questions

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!