Marvell Technology ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

phone interview -- just general question because i got refer from my friends onsite interview -- got me email from HR to arrange my interview date and time i had 5 people for interview most of them were nice, but one guy was very annoying. i coudn't understand his question, so i asked again. but he was angry because i asked again. had a lunch with them and talk about general question

Interview Questions

• clock divider / mealy vs moor fsm / through my resume project / setup time hold time   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Technology

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online and after several weeks, I got phone interview. It is about ASIC design/verification. My background is more focus on Verification of microprofessor, FPGA. Not very familiar with ASIC flow.so it is very important for background match.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an onsite interview as I was in Santa Clara itself. I gave first onsite with 3 engineers. After 15-20 days I received call for another onsite with 4 engineers. The interviews were pretty basic stuff related to Verilog basics, FSM Design, FIFO related questions as well as on the resume. After 2nd onsite I waited for 2 months but I did not get any reply from HR or recruiter. Finally when I contacted manager, I was told that they had already selected some other candidate. They seriously should learn some professionalism and have the courtesy to give an update to someone who gave 2 onsite interviews. Totally disappointed with the process speed as well communication.

Interview Questions

• Verilog tasks and functions, FSM Design, FIFO Depth, some system verilog questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, asked about projects on the resume. Then asked about MESI protocol. Then Onsite interview. There are 5 people. First one asked basic CPU questions, such as 5 stage pipelined CPU. Second one asked me about reorder buffer in the out of order processor and load store queue. Third one asked about waveform questions. The last two asked me about some verilog questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was called for a phone interview first, talk about my previous experience, mainly about my resume, and ask some simple digital circuit question. One week after, I was scheduled for a screen interview, with 5 interviewers, last more than 3 hours. They asked some small questions, one guy still focus on the resume, some others ask some verilog question, some design question, quite straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are clear and normal. eg. write FSM in verilog, some DFT related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Phone interview followed by onsite with 6 1:1: interviews. All basic design question from VLSI, datapath design and bus architectures. The interview went well, but they have a simple policy of not responding to any emails under any pretext. I am under the assumption that I was not selected due to their strong inkling to be completely ignorant to my emails. At this point I have no regard for a company that treats candidates so poorly; it just shows the amount of respect (or lack of) that they have for people in general.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

1.Frequency divider by 3 2.MUX finish AND,OR,XOR,XNOR function 3.Simple STA problem 4.FSM to detect 11011 5.detect how many logic 1 in circuit level 6.Bubble pushing problems 7.FIFO working function

Interview Questions

• There are 8 bits inputs ,only use full adder to detect how many logic 1's   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Clock domain crossing verilog about the differences between blocking/non- blocking assignments points you list on your resume basic ALU questions Truth table and k-maps frequency divider and counters DFF with synchronized reset and asynchronized reset verilog codes FIFO synchronized and asynchronized

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Had a phone call with manager and later interviewed for multiple positions.... 1:1 and group/panel interview was all about the resume and small design questions and comp arch questions. They were looking for answers but never looked at the approach.....that was really bad....and I was not comfortable with interviewers except for couple of people

Interview Questions

• frequency divide by 3 clk circuit   2 Answers

Had a better offer in hand