Marvell Technology

Marvell Technology Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology.

The interviews were purely technical. Also, they asked a lot about my resume including in-depth of my course work and work experience. Overall, all interviewers were very polite and respectful. The process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • Circuits about filter, and their input and output behavior. Phase shifter   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate because the package was very satisfying. They offered the salary 10% more than my expected salary that I told them.

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Technology

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2012.

This interview is for a entry level engineer job. HR first, introducing the benefits. followed up with five one on one interviews, three director, one hiring manger and one staff engineer. Most of the question were based on resume, some are based on their group project.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Call me ask questions in digital field, the best solution/most concern for high-speed circuit. Later, asked question in transfer line theory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marvell Technology in November 2008.

I was by my friend who works in the company. The interview questions are OK, not too hard. I answered all technical questions pretty good. So the feedback on me were very well. But the process of getting the offer approved was a litlle slow though.

Interview Questions
    • find the critical timing path in an hand-drawing circuit.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2012.

First got a phone call from recruiter then phone discussion with two managers. Then on to on site interview. All the interviewers were friendly and most of them asked about why I want to change my job and about my past experiences. There were some technical questions but they were pretty basic. Overall it was quite nice.

Interview Questions
    • A pretty basic questions but I haven't thought about this types of questions in a while:

If you have two capacitors in parallel with the same capacitance value and there's a ideal switch between positive side of the two capacitors. Let's say Capacitor1 is charged up to voltage V1 while the switch is off. And then the switch was turned on. What is the voltage across the parallel capacitors after switch was turned on. What is the energy before and after the switch is turned on.

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2011.

First of all we had a presentation from HR which described the company products,work culture,designation and salary. Then a written test was conducted followed by 3 technical interviews each of 1 hr.
    The test was not that tough, but the interviews were.
    The focus was on Networking,OS and C.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2011.

basic digital circuit design. the projects I have done before. tools that I am familiar with

Interview Questions
    • describe the special coding techniques you have used on verilog   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2010.

This was for analog IC design position. The manager asked me to describe my previous projects - asked me to draw a circuit and to analyze it over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how a bandgap reference circuit works   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2010.

Interviewed with 5 different people. Four technical 45 minutes rounds and one behavioral. The day was scheduled well and it was fun interacting with the interviewers. I was asked Computer Architecture, Logic Design, and Programming Questions. Comp Arch questions involved questions on pipelining, buses. I was also asked questions on various projects that I had done in school.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2010.

Interviewed with 8 people which took all day. Most asked about background experience and a project that stood out. Technical questions about circuit engineering, and layout were also asked. What would you do to solve this" type questions.

The people were nice, but the work culture would be to work long hours, and most weekends.